Remember E-reader for the origional GBA?

Stu-Stu22

As long as you have a slot-1 flashcart and an e-Reader, you should be able to have access to all e-cards that were ever released. All the e-Reader was was a chunky GBA cartridge. It has a save file just like a normal GBA cartridge. In a DS Lite (not original or DSi), have the slot-1 flashcart in and the e-Reader is slot-2 and start a homebrew called GBA Backup Tool 0.2 by Rudolph. It will let you restore e-Reader save files containing the stored data that the e-Reader can keep.

I have access to the Eon Ticket without the actual e-card because of this. If anyone wants the save file or can't find it on the internet, feel free to ask me.

yeah if you could post the .sav file that would be nice.

but we would need a e-reader to be able to use it?

or are you saying that with the sav we could get a rom of the e-reader, put it on a gba flash cart with the save, and link it to gba pokmeon and access the ticket?

yeah if you could post the .sav file that would be nice.

but we would need a e-reader to be able to use it?

or are you saying that with the sav we could get a rom of the e-reader, put it on a gba flash cart with the save, and link it to gba pokmeon and access the ticket?

Hmm, I'm not too sure about a GBA flashcart. It may work but I'm unable to test it because I don't own one. The way I do it is by restoring the save file back into the e-Reader itself because I bought one a few years back.

I've been debating in my head whether I should classify the Lati@s obtained from this method as legit or not. I suppose the method still doesn't it make it legit but it's closer to legit than any other of the current methods to get to Southern Island without the e-Card.

you have an e-reader to test it on?

at least with actual gba games i can save/restore saves via my ds, so if the e-reader contains a .sav, i assume it would work.

and don't be silly about the lati@s not being legit since you didn't get to the island 100% legitimately, the pokemon still counts as morally legit. it's not hacked, even if you caught a mewtwo in some grass in fire red, once you pal park it doesn't know where you caught it.

it's like saying i you use walk through walls codes to get to some pokemon route you are not supposed to be yet, and catch a pokemon.

or if you are jewish and you catch a pokemon on sabbath.

(i hope i interpreted you right!)

• 2 weeks later...

Des regard my PM i sent you. This took a bit of working and getting to know the e-Reader a bit. I never used it too much. Well if someone has no Eon Ticket this is a pretty good way to obtain it. I have it on my Pokemon Ruby received and saved. It is completely real. I completely agree that this method works. I feel nostalgic after seeing the movie and getting the ticket in one day.

I apologize for being so very late in my reply, but i could not find the file until today, and was busy until yesterday... Thank you Eon Rider for supplying this method of obtaining the item.

Edited by Mewtwo Ex

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
All the save files from GameFAQs seem to be corrupted.

I download them, try to move them, but it says the file is corrupted.

That happens with a lot of saves on there. Just make sure you use the main fork of VBA to export your .sav files, since builds like VBALink screw over with formatting.

have you tried more than one emulator?

VBA is the only emulator to support Gameshark import, so it's important in the process of getting a save usable with no$

I think I've still got my e-Reader and Eon Ticket somewhere around our house. By the way, I just wanna know if it's any good or not. I read a lot, and my parents are tired of going out to buy books. So they wanna get an ebook reader thingy instead. How good is the Amazon Kindle too, if you can tell me? Or, does anyone know any better ones? Please give reasons why whichever is better or not. Thanks ^-^

Des regard my PM i sent you. This took a bit of working and getting to know the e-Reader a bit. I never used it too much. Well if someone has no Eon Ticket this is a pretty good way to obtain it. I have it on my Pokemon Ruby received and saved. It is completely real. I completely agree that this method works. I feel nostalgic after seeing the movie and getting the ticket in one day.

I apologize for being so very late in my reply, but i could not find the file until today, and was busy until yesterday... Thank you Eon Rider for supplying this method of obtaining the item.

You don't even need an e-Reader.

You can copy the rom and the Eon Ticket save file to the EZ3in1.

Then you put it in your GBA/SP and connect it with your Ruby/Sapphire cart.

If you have a lite-sized 3in1, use a Gameshark or something since it won't fit in a GBA/SP for obvious reasons.

• 3 weeks later...

If anybody have or know where to download e-Reader ROM with all Pokemon e-cards scanned already please PM Me as fast as you can :)

Thanks

BTW, How did exactly e-Reader works? Two GBAs was needed or what? Let's say someone have GBA SP, Pokemon Ruby & e-Reader. How can he transfer Eon Ticket from e-Reader to Pokemon Ruby? Does he need two GBAs? I don't understand it.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

hah, I got one a long time after they came out, right around when I got a GBA SP.

I had a normal advance but i wanted the SP for its backlight...

Then I found out the hard way that the e-reader was only designed for the advance and wouldnt work with the SP, so that was more or less the last time i touched it.