PokéWalker Guide

Guested

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a normal PokeWalker, but you can buy a rubber-like case thing for them now. There are two... a red one with Ho-oh on it and a blue one with Lugia on it. Mine's the blue one, as you can see.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss/news/17.html

I'm not using that cheap strap, though.

well the US pokewalkers have red at top and white at bottom like a pokeball but yours looks a lot cooler

i have a very intriguing question can pokewalker pokemon be shiny?

No, no-one has ever reported having connected their pokewalker to their ds to find the pokemon they caught was a shiny.

I reckon if someone did, it would either be a hack and everyone would be asking them them for the .pkm to check it on a legality checker and it would turn out that it never happened or they were just telling lies.

well the US pokewalkers have red at top and white at bottom like a pokeball but yours looks a lot cooler

All standard pokewalkers have red the top and white on the bottom unless someone painted the case

Is it possible to get 'Edge of the Night Sky' without trading the Jirachi at Gamestop? (I got the game after the event)

No, unless you have a flashcart and you put the pcd and pgt files of the jirachi on it and distributed it to your actual hg/ss game

All standard pokewalkers have red the top and white on the bottom unless someone painted the case

You should both actually read what I wrote about the color of my Pokewalker.

No, unless you have a flashcart and you put the pcd and pgt files of the jirachi on it and distributed it to your actual hg/ss game

Incorrect. The Jirachi was never distributed to HGSS. It was distributed to DPP and you unlock the course by simply trading it to an HGSS game. You will be able to unlock the course by receiving the Jirachi in a trade.

No

As far as I've seen, yes.

Unknown yet.

Actually, hex 46 & 47 for pokewalker are E9 and 00.

I'm just uncertain whether 85h is 00 or not. I hope so.

(Maybe you've gotten around to finding this? If so, sorry.)

Yeah, but what I was talking about had nothing to do with the cover. It was the case. And for those of you who live in Aus, the Australian Jirachi (which you can download to your HGSS as well as DPPt games) event ends this sunday (AEST) so head to your local Toys R Us or BigW store to get yours today. Some stores may or may not have the event so check this list for details (BigW)

http://www.bigw.com.au//bigw/contentmanagement/offer_landing.jsp?offer=pokemonofferlanding

• 1 month later...

I've been trying to get a Snorunt on the Icy Road course, and to change the group pokemon on the course I sent my pokemon back to the DS then re-sent it back over. I'm now finding group C pokemon (Swinub) But I'm at 99999 steps and should definately be getting group A pokemon (Snorunt and Snover) I kept the walker on me all day at work and more than likely got the 10000 needed steps to unlock group A yet again, and I'm still only getting Swinubs. Is there a reason for this? To my knowledge, as said in this thread, returning to the DS then back to the walker changes the groups and does not effect the steps. And if so, shouldnt I be finding group A with the 99999 steps I currently have on my walker?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
You can reset the PokéWalker by going to your PokéWalker Main Menu and then pressing L+B+Down.

I had to reset my Pokéwalker a few hours ago, and I had to press L+X+Down

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I have a extremely active job. I attach it to my sock or boot and walk. the shock can get you double the steps real fast. I get over 30,000 steps a night, sometimes 50,000 steps. Go jogging or walking at your local park. ADD ME.

I put my Pokéwalker in my trouser pocket most of the time, not that I have some higher goals, but the steps are 'free' steps anyway. I also have an active job which can help me to gain some watts (not extremely active, but that's not the case ^^). On Saturdays, when I deliver the post in my town, I mostly walk about 18,000 steps. I find it pretty much for only 3-4 hours of work, although it could be more as I see above. ;) I do not know if my Pokéwalker counts the steps double, I suppose it doesn't. But attach the Pokéwalker to your sock or boot? Isn't that uncomfortable to wear?

• 8 months later...