PokéWalker Guide

Guested

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does the game choose which Pokemon will appear? It doesn't seem like anyone agrees. Your guide says it's random, but I read somewhere (I think it was bulbapedia) that it depends on what Pokemon you send over. I also read on serebii that it depends on "how much you've done on that course." I'm curious, because it would be nice to know how to influence which Pokemon are chosen.

Also, it would be cool if there was a PSP homebrew app that could connect to Pokewalkers in some way since they have built-in iR ports (the older ones do).

EDIT: It seems that caught Pokemon aren't fully generated until being transferred. Only the info on the moves/species/level are stored, and the IV's/nature/shininess is determined when transferred to DS. This is because I just recently treansferred some caught Pikachu from Yellow Forest over to my DS, and they were all shiny and had 31 IV's. I had the shiny code and IV code on my AR when I transferred them, so this means they weren't generated until I transferred them, and the codes could influence them.

The Pokemon you send over determines the step count for encountering the different classes. If you send an "advantageous type," the step requirement is lowered. As far as I've seen in the six plus months of using my PokeWalker, the pokemon you encounter is simply random.

I have a ? about the ! !! and !!!. When you are at the screen with the four bushes, can you make the ! go away and wait until a !!! comes up? I have noticed that I select the correct bush and sometimes it the ! goes away and a new ! pops up. Other times it goes strait to the catch/fight screen.

here is what i have found so far... i am on the yellow forest, i have over 12k steps, the first one to appear is always the ! the second one is ! the third one is !! and the forth is !!!. This has been 100% in that order if they ! disapears and moves on to the next one. usualy it always goes to the catch screen on the second !.

Is it me or did the Nintendo store raise the price of the Pokewalker from about $8 + Shipping to $15 + Shipping?

I guess a lot of people are losing their Pokewalkers (probably in the washing machine) or something. I'd rather buy the game itself and then just sell the game to some kid without the Pokewalker for like $35.

Is it me or did the Nintendo store raise the price of the Pokewalker from about $8 + Shipping to $15 + Shipping?

I guess a lot of people are losing their Pokewalkers (probably in the washing machine) or something. I'd rather buy the game itself and then just sell the game to some kid without the Pokewalker for like $35.

yup that works but ive also noticed that walmart is selling HG for 29 i believe while SS is still 40

its a good buy if you lose your poke walker buy HG and sell the game for 35 ish even then i seen alot of stores..

target best buy and some walmarts where they have the games there out in the open people open them and take the poke walkers out and yeah... they get stolen people here are often returning them cause of that matter.

• 2 weeks later...
I have already 5000 watts but I still don´t have the national dex. when I get the national dex I instantaneously get Hoenn Field? or I have to get another 5000watts?

If you win at least 1 watt (you refresh the counter, i mean) you get Hoenn Field.

Okay so i'm new to this site but i have a question. I decided that i wanted to reset my game and start fresh, but i forgot that i had a pokemon in my walker. i already threw out all the directions for the walker and the game won't let me send any pokemon to the walker because its already registerd to my previously saved game. how do i reset my walker to my game?

Sorry if this has been asked but I'm just WAAAAY to lazy to go through the thread to find out. So onwards to the question.

When the clock reaches midnight I know that the STEPS reset. What I want to ask is if the GROUP of Pokemon you encounter reset as well or if it stays the same until you Return your Pokemon from a stroll and then send it back to the Pokewalker?

I've been trying to confirm this for ages PLEASE someone give me SOME kind of feedback.

No, it doesn't.

The group stays the same for the duration of the "stroll."

THANK YOU!!! This is great since I have two Pokewalkers I got one of my Pokewalkers stuck on a Group where I'm getting nothing but Surfchu's =)

Now I have to get that freakin' Flychu on my other Pokewalker and I'll be bale to catch a vast amount until I can find a decent one. Since I can't RNG on the Pokewalker because I can't find a guide on it and CANNOT read japanese.