PokéWalker Guide

Guested

Are you 100% certain that the full 136 bytes of Pokémon data are not copied to the 'Walker? How would we even know without examining the memory architecture of the device? (Which I wish we could do. :()

You wouldn't. As Guested said, it's only showing you very limited pieces of information (which makes it all the more likely that it's only sending those bits and pieces and not the whole PKM).

I'm not sure what good having the whole PKM on the walker would do for anyone hacking-wise anyway...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not 100% sure yet either, but all I know is I like to hack things. I'm just looking at it as another challenge I guess.

Anyway, there is no strict advantage that I can imagine for having the whole Pokémon stored there, but it's only 136 bytes, so it's not outside the realm of possibility. I guess all they really need, though, is enough to determine which sprites to use for it.

If you lost your pokewalker for your game or just want to get one and you live in the US or Canada, then go to this link: http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=166708&currency=USD&catalogId=10001&tranId=0&lastAction=setCurr&storeId=10001&languageId=-1&categoryId=58694&ddkey=http:SetCurrencyPreference It's $8.95. You guys probably thinking a Pokewalker with foreign language on it only connects to a game with the same language, right? WRONG! The language on the Pokewalker depends on the language of your HeartGold or Soul Silver that you connect it with, so basically, if you used a Japanese Pokewalker on your english game, then said Japanese Pokewalker would be in english.

hello im new to this. i have a question about the pokewalker too.

my little sister started the soul silver game for me and she chose the girl and named her.

i didnt let it bother me before but i just saw the "pokesav" in this website and i saw that the name and gender can be changed.

if i do decide to change it with the Action Replay will my pokewalker still work with my game?

hello im new to this. i have a question about the pokewalker too.

my little sister started the soul silver game for me and she chose the girl and named her.

i didnt let it bother me before but i just saw the "pokesav" in this website and i saw that the name and gender can be changed.

if i do decide to change it with the Action Replay will my pokewalker still work with my game?

I'm gonna guess yes. Changing the ID or SID could cause problems though.

hello folks!

I was thinking about Pokewalker yeasterday, and I thought: hey, someone could make a app to send .pkm files to Pokewalker via PC with a USB IR ADAPTER.

Thinking about it, it looks very impossible... to "crack" the HGSS algorithm and build it on an app for PC. But we have something like that with pkmsender (http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=211989). I don't know much about programing and cracking, but it's only a idea (a good one) so if some programmer liked it, could build one for us =D

And i think it's possible to make on app for mobile phones too, that have IR.

I think this is a good idea because some people that play the game on flash card, could just buy the Pokewalker (which is cheap http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/store...rencyPreference ) and be happy =D

well, let's talk about that.

thanks

:: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=216217

Edited by blopa

It is impossible to switch off the pokéwalker. But, if the pile (battery) is finally removed to preserve it (As It seems to be indicated in the Pokéwalker's guide), the data on the pokéwalker will be erased ?

In any case, it's better to remove the pokémon which is in before removing this pile (battery) not?

ps : sorry for my english.

This is odd, I had 3 Pokemon this week break free from the Pokeball after trying to catch them when they only had 1 Bar left. Is this even possible because I've heard it's a 100% catch rate if they only have one bar?

And I accidently got a critical hit on a Pokemon with 2 bars of HP left and turns out any Pokemon that loses all bars of health automatically flee.

It is impossible to switch off the pokéwalker. But, if the pile (battery) is finally removed to preserve it (As It seems to be indicated in the Pokéwalker's guide), the data on the pokéwalker will be erased ?

In any case, it's better to remove the pokémon which is in before removing this pile (battery) not?

ps : sorry for my english.

The pokewalker shuts itself "off" after a minute or so of no button activity. It still monitors steps however. There's no need to take that battery out.

hii im from australia and i lost my pokewalker, i soon found it to be run over by my 'rents car so i now need a new one cause the screens all cracked but surprisingly only has a few dents haha.

is there any site that sells them cheaply to aus? im not paying $30 on ebay/amazon for one! may as well buy the game again!

thanks