Games: 5th Generation Pokemon Revealed!

NewsBot

I'm also curious to know what kind of American name they'll come up with, though we won't find out till next year. :(

And I had high hopes that it would've of been an evolution of a Mightyena because the silhouette was pretty much similar to it.

tbh, im happy with the names being what they are, i mean not changing them for english, i think the quite cool names

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True statement.

Did anyone else notice the fact that the evolved form has a different hair tie in the two pictures? In one its very thin with a leaf attached possibly and the other is a thick blue band. Weird... O_o

Maybe they are different genders? like Gyrados having different coloured barbels.

I think these are decent something fresh and new to keep attention. I read elsewhere that the CoroCoro article was hinting at a new way of evolution (i dont know the exact text sadly..) but if thats the case maybe this might be the first evolving legendary? whould be real cool ;D

Maybe they are different genders? like Gyrados having different coloured barbels.

I think these are decent something fresh and new to keep attention. I read elsewhere that the CoroCoro article was hinting at a new way of evolution (i dont know the exact text sadly..) but if thats the case maybe this might be the first evolving legendary? whould be real cool ;D

We don't know for sure yet, though this Pokemon could be like Lucario since we all thought that it was also a "legendary". I don't know if anyone still considers it as one but in my opinion, it is not. Coro Coro is expected to give more details out and Pokemon Sunday as well so we'll have to wait a few more weeks but you never know some of the info could be leaked on the internet before then. :o

We don't know for sure yet, though this Pokemon could be like Lucario since we all thought that it was also a "legendary". I don't know if anyone still considers it as one but in my opinion, it is not. Coro Coro is expected to give more details out and Pokemon Sunday as well so we'll have to wait a few more weeks but you never know some of the info could be leaked on the internet before then. :o

Well i dont know myself but did anyone know about Riolu? i dont think they knew until diamond a pearl came out. But they have revealed both this new one and its pre evolution at the same time : / so i dont think its like Lucario..

It funny also that people randomly picked Mightyena and started making comparisons...

These 2 may be a companion set to go with Lucario/ Riolu much like how people whould put Arcanine/ Growlithe with Ninetails / Vulpix

Which just made me think of something maybe Zoroark chould learn Aura Sphere?

They are alright but the more I look at them the more I wish they tried to make them more like animal it's based on. Don't get me wrong it does look like a fox, but when it came to 1st and 2nd gen PKMN they looked more clearly like their corresponding animal. I guess what I am trying to say is when they designed new PKMN after the 2nd gen they started to add all these extra features to the PKMN making look less and less like a normal animal, not to say a mouse that stores lighting in his cheeks is normal but Pikachu did look like a simple mouse. I guess it is hard to come up with new ideas since PKMN is about 15 years old, but I would have liked it if they didn't reuse animals they have already. I still think they are OK looking for new PKMN though.

I think it is Shadow Ball that Mewtwo uses in Melee.

os ot sto;; unknown on what system it'll be on> the DS or the new one their making?

Could you edit that for clarity? I got the basic idea, and based on that, since they are working on the new system and the games are close enough to plan for this years release I'm guessing it will be on DS, however the system could have been developed with the game so they come out together like the Wii and twilight princess. That will automatically kick the sales of a new system up, and would stay in trend with new system, new game, but I doubt it will happen.

Probably, my bad

Edited by amh7912
extra quote

They are alright but the more I look at them the more I wish they tried to make them more like animal it's based on. Don't get me wrong it does look like a fox, but when it came to 1st and 2nd gen PKMN they looked more clearly like their corresponding animal. I guess what I am trying to say is when they designed new PKMN after the 2nd gen they started to add all these extra features to the PKMN making look less and less like a normal animal, not to say a mouse that stores lighting in his cheeks is normal but Pikachu did look like a simple mouse. I guess it is hard to come up with new ideas since PKMN is about 15 years old, but I would have liked it if they didn't reuse animals they have already. I still think they are OK looking for new PKMN though.

maybe they are just running out of ideas:confused:

Yes, maybe they are. If you ignored the hundreds of Pokemon they release every generation, then your post might have some credibility.

I am thinking he is refering too how the pokemon up too 251 all seem belivable and based mostly on animals and stuff.

From their you got things like ludicolo, Claydol, Palkia etc. and you can see the point..

I am thinking he is refering too how the pokemon up too 251 all seem belivable and based mostly on animals and stuff.

From their you got things like ludicolo, Claydol, Palkia etc. and you can see the point..

Yeah, no, that doesn't hold any water at all.

Pokemon have been designed after non-animals since the beginning. The first Pokemon in the dex, the Bulbasaur line, is based on a plant. The Nirdoan line are based on a mishmash of animals. Clefairy line is based off of fairies and pixies. And because I don't have all day, Voltorb and Electrode are designed to look like a Pokeball.

Pokemon have always had a variety of influences for the individual designs. Anyone who thinks Gen I/II has more "animal-like" creatures than Gen III/IV have clearly ignored the dozens of non-animal based Pokemon found in the first two gens.

I kinda feel like I sparked a discussion. If anyone wants to discuss this further, take it to Pokemon Franchise. Thanks.

Yeah, no, that doesn't hold any water at all.

Pokemon have been designed after non-animals since the beginning. The first Pokemon in the dex, the Bulbasaur line, is based on a plant. The Nirdoan line are based on a mishmash of animals. Clefairy line is based off of fairies and pixies. And because I don't have all day, Voltorb and Electrode are designed to look like a Pokeball.

Pokemon have always had a variety of influences for the individual designs. Anyone who thinks Gen I/II has more "animal-like" creatures than Gen III/IV have clearly ignored the dozens of non-animal based Pokemon found in the first two gens.

I kinda feel like I sparked a discussion. If anyone wants to discuss this further, take it to Pokemon Franchise. Thanks.

Total agreement. Absolutely true. Pokémon will always be unique. :3

I like every pokémon. Even the the pokémon i don't like that much, still find a spot in my team.(example: I started Pearl with Chimchar and i putted a Bidoof in my team until i found a better water type pokémon.(The Bidoof was a level 35 Bibarel befor i replaced it.)

I already know that Zoroark is going to be in my 5th gen team.