Pokemon Scarlet Save too big

Whitelion

Hi all guys πŸ™‚πŸ‘‹, please, I would like to ask if it has ever happened to you that when loading the pokemon scarlet save, a message appears warning you that it is impossible to load the save because it is too big.
It only happens to me with Scarlet, Shield and Sword are great.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help, and really congratulations to the creators of the PKHeX, thanks to you playing pokemon is fun again πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ‘‹

53 minutes ago, Whitelion said:

Hi all guys πŸ™‚πŸ‘‹, please, I would like to ask if it has ever happened to you that when loading the pokemon scarlet save, a message appears warning you that it is impossible to load the save because it is too big.
It only happens to me with Scarlet, Shield and Sword are great.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help, and really congratulations to the creators of the PKHeX, thanks to you playing pokemon is fun again πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ‘‹

How did you extract the save from your device?

How did you transfer the save from your SD card to your computer (SD transfer? FTP? USB connection?)

Are you on the latest PKHeX?

Are you saving in-game (as opposed to using state saves, if on emulator)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

How did you extract the save from your device?

How did you transfer the save from your SD card to your computer (SD transfer? FTP? USB connection?)

Are you on the latest PKHeX?

Are you saving in-game (as opposed to using state saves, if on emulator)

I made a backup copy with the JKSV program, then I extracted the micro sd and inserted it into the pc via usb adapter, copying the file to the pc, at which point I tried to open it with pkhex.
It's the same procedure I use for pokemon sword and shield, even now, only it doesn't work with scarlet.

I am using pkhex 23.05.11

I don't use the pc emulator, I have a switch modded with hekate

1 hour ago, Whitelion said:

I made a backup copy with the JKSV program, then I extracted the micro sd and inserted it into the pc via usb adapter, copying the file to the pc, at which point I tried to open it with pkhex.
It's the same procedure I use for pokemon sword and shield, even now, only it doesn't work with scarlet.

I am using pkhex 23.05.11

I don't use the pc emulator, I have a switch modded with hekate

When you import a file into the game, make sure it’s named main, with no other extension (I think that was the name)

Β 

also, have you tried loading main2 into PKHeX?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

When you import a file into the game, make sure it’s named main, with no other extension (I think that was the name)

Β 

also, have you tried loading main2 into PKHeX?

i tried to open the file named "main", and now i renamed the file to "main2" as you said, and i tried to open it, but i still get the same message that the file is too big

5 hours ago, Whitelion said:

i tried to open the file named "main", and now i renamed the file to "main2" as you said, and i tried to open it, but i still get the same message that the file is too big

Sorry, I guess my instructions were unclear. You know how when you extract it from JKSV there’s a few named files, such as main and main2? None of the file names there should be changed when you restore the save.
Β 

Also, I’m asking for the main2 file to be checked. Not that you rename it to main2. To be sure, show me a screenshot of the files in that folder JKSV extracted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Sorry, I guess my instructions were unclear. You know how when you extract it from JKSV there’s a few named files, such as main and main2? None of the file names there should be changed when you restore the save.
Β 

Also, I’m asking for the main2 file to be checked. Not that you rename it to main2. To be sure, show me a screenshot of the files in that folder JKSV extracted.

I'm sorry, I didn't understand. But there is no "main2" file, when I do a backup with JKSV only two files are generated: main and backup . I am attaching screenshots of the files in the generated folder, and of the error message. Thank you so much for your help, i very appreciate it πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

Screenshot (3377).png

Screenshot (3376).png

1 hour ago, SkyLink98 said:

Do you mind to send us both the "main" and "backup" files in private messages?

I already PMed them to the admin, he said he would get back to me here. Thank you so much for the interest πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

Forwarding here what I said on the private messages:

I tried to load the save file in a PokΓ©mon Scarlet instance, the game won't load. It's not a PKHeX issue.

I also tried to decrypt the save files, but all I have is some weird exceptions. Probably the files are filled with garbage data and/or they're corrupted.

You'll probably have to update JKSV, or maybe try other dumping methods. This is if you're certain your save files works on your console.

Β 

7 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

@Whitelion yeah the files won't load for me on PKHeX too.

Does the game still function on your Switch? (don't try to restore these saves)

Yes, the save work fine on my switch, the problem is only on PKHeX. @SkyLink98Β I will try to make another backup on JKSV , and then i will try again. I will lt you know if this work.

There are other software like JKSV i can use to backup my saves for exporting on pc?

Β 

Thank you so much again for your help guys

9 hours ago, SkyLink98 said:

May try to redownload the latest version of JKSV before you reattempt the dump. You can also try Checkpoint, but I'm unsure if it works on the latest Switch firmwares.

i downloaded again JKSV, last version, pls can you tell me in whitch cartelΒ  i must drag the file JKSV.nro? Thank you so much, unfortunately i am not expert for this .

Β 

@TheSlayer , i am not sure what you mean, i am sorry

55 minutes ago, Whitelion said:

@TheSlayer , i am not sure what you mean, i am sorry

When you go into your system settings, what’s the firmware code written. Maybe take a picture to show the whole thingΒ 

Do you launch the console any differently between going online and injecting/extracting saves?

On 5/25/2023 at 4:00 AM, theSLAYER said:

When you go into your system settings, what’s the firmware code written. Maybe take a picture to show the whole thingΒ 

Do you launch the console any differently between going online and injecting/extracting saves?

This is an unusual fact, by chance I uploaded the pokemon sword save to pkhax first, and then the pokemon scarlet save......... and it works, it's absurd, pkhax opens it and it works in the console too.. .........How is it possible? If I open the scarlet save directly it doesn't work, while if I open the sword one first and then immediately load the scarlet one then it works πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί

1 hour ago, Whitelion said:

This is an unusual fact, by chance I uploaded the pokemon sword save to pkhax first, and then the pokemon scarlet save......... and it works, it's absurd, pkhax opens it and it works in the console too.. .........How is it possible? If I open the scarlet save directly it doesn't work, while if I open the sword one first and then immediately load the scarlet one then it works πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί

I’m gonna see if I can replicate it, if so, share your save with the devs to get them to look at it. I’ll let you know.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 6:52 AM, theSLAYER said:

I’m gonna see if I can replicate it, if so, share your save with the devs to get them to look at it. I’ll let you know.

Yes in the next week i will send them a mp. Thank you so much for the help guys, i very appreciate πŸ˜‰πŸ‘