Analogue Pocket saves, They will not load into PkHex and I'm so lost.

xRedzzzz

Hello all! I'm very confused on what to do, I keep getting this error message every time I try to load a save state (memories) from my analogue pocket into PkHex. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm not entirely new to PkHex but this has me so lost and confused. Any solution would be much much appreciated! I also put my save state too!

Screenshot (1).png

20230510_203516_GBA_84053545_POKEMON-LEAFBPGE01.sav

37 minutes ago, xRedzzzz said:

Hello all! I'm very confused on what to do, I keep getting this error message every time I try to load a save state (memories) from my analogue pocket into PkHex. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm not entirely new to PkHex but this has me so lost and confused. Any solution would be much much appreciated! I also put my save state too!

Screenshot (1).png

20230510_203516_GBA_84053545_POKEMON-LEAFBPGE01.sav 32 kB · 2 downloads

1) file looks too small

2) looking at them in a hex editor, and the data looks like gibberish 

I don’t use analogue pocket so I don’t know the details. Maybe properly save in game, instead of save states.

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

1) file looks too small

2) looking at them in a hex editor, and the data looks like gibberish 

I don’t use analogue pocket so I don’t know the details. Maybe properly save in game, instead of save states.

So I did save in game and I do have a .sav file and a .sta file, the actual save file is the one giving me issues and PkHex wont open the .sta file. It seems like analogue pocket makes two save files? or one of both files but neither work. I was under the assumption it would just save dirsctly onto my micro sd card and everything would be good. :( 

4 minutes ago, xRedzzzz said:

So I did save in game and I do have a .sav file and a .sta file, the actual save file is the one giving me issues and PkHex wont open the .sta file. It seems like analogue pocket makes two save files? or one of both files but neither work. I was under the assumption it would just save dirsctly onto my micro sd card and everything would be good. :( 

Does analogue pocket give you any settings regarding what size or how to save a save? 

You might be able to do the release of what is mentioned here: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnaloguePocket/comments/zrwryl/backup_save_data_from_physical_cart_on_the_pocket/j1dknni/

Create a save state (memories) when playing your actual physical game, then do as that post above instructs, however load the memories playing a rom of the game via the Spiritualized GBA openFPGA core. You would then save in game and have a raw save file that is compatible with PKHeX. That could in theory work, however I have not tested that.

This post is worth a read in regards to Pokemon on the Analogue Pocket: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnaloguePocket/comments/11fpbat/definitive_guide_to_playing_pokémon_on_the/

If you have a DS or DS Lite + Flash Card, using the homebrew app "GBA Backup Tool" is by far the easiest way to backup and restore a save to a genuine GBA cartridge.

A similar save tool could eventually be created for the Analogue Pocket, however I don't think such a tool exists yet.

Edit - this looks another potential way to extract the .sav from the .sta file you have: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnaloguePocket/comments/10ampwi/solution_for_extracting_pokemon_emerald_cartridge/

Edited by InsaneNutter
  • Like 1