Gengar "unable to match encounter origin", even though...?

naamah

Hey.

I'm currently just trying out PKHeX to evolve Pokemon that I can't evolve easily ingame for whatever reason (mostly trades and stones).

I caught Gastly in Pokemon Sword, evolved him to Haunter, and then changed his species to Gengar in PKHeX, but now it's saying "Unable to match an encounter from origin game".

Is there something else I need to change? Why isn't Gengar valid? Is this not any different than if I had traded Haunted back and forth to and from another Sword game?

Thanks for your help.

You presumably didn't change the Handling Trainer information.

If you actually traded it, it'll gain another OT, even if it's temporary and not the real OT.
Hence 'Handling Trainer'. When traded back to the actual OT, anything in the Handling Trainer data is retained until it is traded again to someone else.

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

You presumably didn't change the Handling Trainer information.

If you actually traded it, it'll gain another OT, even if it's temporary and not the real OT.
Hence 'Handling Trainer'. When traded back to the actual OT, anything in the Handling Trainer data is retained until it is traded again to someone else.

Okay, cool, thanks.

It doesn't look like there's anyplace to put a TID for the second OT? Do I just make up a name, select a language, and I'm good?

24 minutes ago, naamah said:

Okay, cool, thanks.

It doesn't look like there's anyplace to put a TID for the second OT? Do I just make up a name, select a language, and I'm good?

yeah just fill up the information there, make sure the dropdown is on the correct trainer (OT or HT), and it should be all good