S/V Fashion Block research

Pako96

Hi everybody. Recently I switched my reasearch on fashion blocks in Scarlet and Violet, even if it can be considered low priority (since trainer personalization in Gen 9 is kinda underwhelming compared to Gen 8-7). Anyway yesterday I dumped the full blocks with all purchasable clothing options and created a .txt file containing the ids of special Items not purchasable in base games (league-team star hats, past gen saves phone cases, all fashion items in the DLCs preorder pack and the PokePortal gifts up till now). I already made some modifications to my fork of PkHex for the data I retrieved and built the injector. When my current pull request regarding Trainer Photo visualization will be (hopefully) merged, I'll make a new one for revamped fashion injection. Up until then I share here the blocks and the .txt in case somebody wants to do further research or just inject them.

legwears.bin cases.bin special.txt bags.bin eyewears.bin footwears.bin gloves.bin headwears.bin

• Like 3

These are taken from a female save, but I cross referenced with another male save in my possession and didn't find differences in the blocks I linked. The only differences were in the uniform blocks, but I didn't share the base uniform block because it woul be useless, and the one of the preorder DLC are documented in the .txt by gender

UPDATE

Here is the Hex for the Ultraball Canvas backpack: E90B (3049 as UInt16).

Furthermore, I did some digging in my spare time and created a little script to check the minimum and maximum values of the intervals represented by the various fashion groups in the base game, and annotate in a set() the missing IDs (expressed as UInt16). Here's what I found:

Immagine2023-05-08123301.png.61655a2c0deb00de4ba33cdd1ea4046d.png

Now, doing the conversion in Hex, we see that all the missing bags in the base game have been mapped, since 3075 is the ID of the floral bag and the others from 3047 to 3049 are the IDs of poké/mega/ultraball backpack (all of them are present in special.txt in the previous reply).

The interesting thing resides in the headwears, where , if we exclude the values 5037 and 5038, which are the League and Star sporty cap (also present in special.txt), there is still an additional value of 5039 (AF13 in Hex) which corresponds to a 'Terastal Sporty Cap':

photo_2023-05-08_12-35-58.thumb.jpg.b1dd8f4271778653b28ad421384cf872.jpgphoto_2023-05-08_12-35-52.jpg.72dacc57a4621db12a4e4a952e584979.jpg

Which could be the next Portal Event. Keep in mind that injecting this hat could result in unexpected online consequences, if not ban itself, since it hasn't been released yet.

Another interesting thing would be reasearching values under the minimum of some categories, given that some of them report as min value x001 (3002 for bags) instead of x000 like some others. I'll make another reply in case of other discoveries.

• Like 3

UPDATE 2

IDs 3000 and 4000 seem to not correspond to anything, all the others unlock a clickable option to remove that specific kind of clothing (e.g. no hat, no glasses etc...), which can be done normally by pressing X. The interesting fact is that ID 3001 corresponds to 'no bag', which technically can't be removed by pressing X, but that's probably the hidden way the game lets you move around in the prologue, before Clavel tells you to get dressed for the academy.2023050821574700-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.thumb.jpg.f1457dc74d8501d968c92a948ed8ac02.jpg

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's only been 8 months, not quite necro, so I guess someone will see this. 

Would importing this block data be safe now that there has been updates/dlc?
Also, would I just use the "Import Current Block" button?

Hi there, as of today, PkHex has been updated with the complete fashion blocks by its other awesome researchers. These include all fashion from the base game and the 2 DLCs, alongside fashion items distributed via PokePortal up til' now. So you can just use the Fashion Unlock button in the Trainer Info Tab in PkHex.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, SkyLink98 said:

No one has ever been banned for using PKHeX for unlocking fashion items.

ok cool! is there a way in pkhex to select which specific fashion items i want to unlock? such as the preorder bonus floral backpack or the poke ball backpacks? or it just all or nothing?

14 hours ago, SolarCal said:

ok cool! is there a way in pkhex to select which specific fashion items i want to unlock? such as the preorder bonus floral backpack or the poke ball backpacks? or it just all or nothing?

Not with base PKHeX, but this plugin should allow you to do that:

https://github.com/foohyfooh/PKHeXPluginPile?tab=readme-ov-file#fashion-editor-plugin