Pokewalker Pokemon Extraction

Shane-o

Hiya! I'm a goofy fella and have lately been wondering if we've discovered a way to save all the Pokemon trapped in everyone's Pokewalkers over the past many years, if not we should try and find one! Now that sounds like a silly thing to want but I disagree, to me this is what Pokemon is about!

Here's a list of all the info we have about the device
https://github.com/mamba2410/reverse-pokewalker

And here's a link to the gen 4 data structure, I'm unsure if this is helpful or not
https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_data_structure_(Generation_IV)

Here are some test pokemon and saves from the pokewalker I got for research!

(Empty)pweep.rom

------------------------

(Karpy)pweep.rom

129 - Karpy - CD18759959C0.pk4

----------------------------------------

(Arcesus)pweep.rom

493 - Arcesus - C64D915DC67F.pk4

------------------------------------------

(Cool fish!)pweep.rom

349 - Cool fish! - CE4E99ABD544.pk4

-------------------------------------------

(Karpy2)pweep.rom

129 ★ - Karpy2 - CCE4861AFBBD.pk4

If anyone can figure out how to rescue these trapped Pokemon I'd be an amazing breakthrough!

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Shane-o

2 hours ago, Shane-o said:

Hiya! I'm a goofy fella and have lately been wondering if we've discovered a way to save all the Pokemon trapped in everyone's Pokewalkers over the past many years, if not we should try and find one! Now that sounds like a silly thing to want but I disagree, to me this is what Pokemon is about!

And here's a link to the gen 4 data structure, I'm unsure if this is helpful or not
https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_data_structure_(Generation_IV)

(Empty)pweep.rom 64 kB · 2 downloads

------------------------

(Karpy)pweep.rom 64 kB · 3 downloads

129 - Karpy - CD18759959C0.pk4 236 B · 2 downloads

(Arcesus)pweep.rom 64 kB · 2 downloads

493 - Arcesus - C64D915DC67F.pk4 236 B · 3 downloads

(Cool fish!)pweep.rom 64 kB · 2 downloads

349 - Cool fish! - CE4E99ABD544.pk4 236 B · 2 downloads

(Karpy2)pweep.rom 64 kB · 3 downloads

129 ★ - Karpy2 - CCE4861AFBBD.pk4 236 B · 2 downloads

If anyone can figure out how to rescue these trapped Pokemon I'd be an amazing breakthrough!

Thanks for reading!

You can’t, not for everything. There’s only PIDIV for one mon. The rest don’t have PIDIV stored.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shane-o said:

(Empty)pweep.rom 64 kB · 2 downloads

------------------------

(Karpy)pweep.rom 64 kB · 3 downloads

129 - Karpy - CD18759959C0.pk4 236 B · 2 downloads

(Arcesus)pweep.rom 64 kB · 2 downloads

493 - Arcesus - C64D915DC67F.pk4 236 B · 3 downloads

(Cool fish!)pweep.rom 64 kB · 2 downloads

349 - Cool fish! - CE4E99ABD544.pk4 236 B · 2 downloads

(Karpy2)pweep.rom 64 kB · 3 downloads

129 ★ - Karpy2 - CCE4861AFBBD.pk4 236 B · 2 downloads

Thanks for reading!

We just tried a similar search during the weekend lol

It doesn't look like the walker saves any substantial data for the Pokemon sent to it, at least not in a form we can recognize.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

You can’t, not for everything. There’s only PIDIV for one mon. The rest don’t have PIDIV stored.

I'm sorry if I'm not understanding properly but isn't that most info for a pokemon? Like would that have the nature, ivs, pid? Would the only missing things be like ribbons/leafs, evs, held item, met data, and pokeball? Also is it the one you put onto the device?

Thank you very much for your answer!

edit: just looked at the similar thread fro ma bit ago, I sorta understand it a bit more, sorry for bugging you!

Edited by Shane-o

1 hour ago, PixelatedMess64 said:

We just tried a similar search during the weekend lol

It doesn't look like the walker saves any substantial data for the Pokemon sent to it, at least not in a form we can recognize.

lol Oh wow what are the odds! that stinks to hear thought, If you can recover your trainers ids what would happen if you "returned" it to that a save that doesn't have that Pokemon? Would it try and recreate it as best as it can or would it just dispersal?

Also Spinda can be sorta be recovered because it needs to calculate the pattern right (might have misread that)? If so I wonder if there's any extra data for Wurmple? Probably not as it wouldn't need any data like that when on the Pokewalker, but maybe it could be another lead on finding a way to retrieve these lost pokemon?

image.png

If you look at the first set of data, those are the only info stored somewhat to completion. That’s the most data that is there.

so to correct my earlier message, it’s not just 1, it’s a maximum of 6. It’s your entire team as of when you transfer a mon to the pokewalker. Some stuff are still missing, so gonna need to guess them to remake the mons.

• Like 1