Problems with legal moveset (POKEMON CRYSTAL)

solid.snake.21

Can someone explain why Hydropump in Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligart shows as INVALID, when they are 100% legal?
Also I have problems with some pokemon, like Graveler, because "Unable to match an encounter from origin game", when he was a Geodude caught in Route 33

I'm new with this tool, and I just make backups of my game and clone some rare pokemon in Gen I

PHHEX PROBLEM.png

hydropump.png

Edited by solid.snake.21
Add and delete some words

That is correctly illegal, PKHeX is working as intended, it is not "100% LEGAL". Why do you think your starter pokemon should have a move that is only learned via breeding, when it was never an egg/didn't hatch from an egg with parents that knew that move? Move legality is determined by the encounter details, not just "the species can learn it, so it's fine".

If a move is learned via breeding, it has to be learned via breeding, not by you editing it onto something that was never an egg.

I also can't replicate the Geodude issue at all, the one I caught ingame and the one from the encounter database both appear legal. Either you modified it to make it illegal, or you used glitches that changed some value. Please provide a pk2 file for it as well.

Edited by Atrius97
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Atrius97 said:

That is correctly illegal, PKHeX is working as intended, it is not "100% LEGAL". Why do you think your starter pokemon should have a move that is only learned via breeding, when it was never an egg/didn't hatch from an egg with parents that knew that move? Move legality is determined by the encounter details, not just "the species can learn it, so it's fine".

If a move is learned via breeding, it has to be learned via breeding, not by you editing it onto something that was never an egg.

I also can't replicate the Geodude issue at all, the one I caught ingame and the one from the encounter database both appear legal. Either you modified it to make it illegal, or you used glitches that changed some value. Please provide a pk2 file for it as well.

Now I know why shows that error. The 3 of them are clones of my Feraligart in my team (level 67) , and he learn the move leveling

Because Totodile and his evolutive line learn it at level 58, and I modify them to be like a breeding Totodile (Lvl5), and evolved Croconaw (Lvl18) /Feraligart (Lvl30), they show as illegal

The Graveler I don't have it, I just release them

They should only know that move by level-up if they're level 52 or above, otherwise it has to be an Egg move. None of the clones you mentioned are high enough level to have learned it via levelup, so if their details don't match up to one hatched from an egg, they cannot possibly learn the move.

TLDR, They either have to be level 52+, or have hatched from an egg to know Hydro Pump.

Your Feraligart has met location New Bark Town level 5, which means it wasn't hatched from an egg. That is why it can't have an egg move.

For your Pokemon to have an egg move, it must have the appropriate met location for Pokemon from eggs or no met location at all (that will make it originate from silver/gold, games which do not store met location, so there is no way to differentiate egg pokemon from starter pokemon)

• Like 1