Pokemon HOME Legality Issue

Cyndaboss

I've been trying to complete the BDSP pokedex in Pokemon HOME by using SWSH and PLA sysbots to make BDSP origin mons (I don't own a copy of BDSP). But whenever I transfer the pokemon over to HOME, the app marks it as illegal. Its pokeball doesn't appear next to its name on the summary page like it should. PKHeX says that the pokemon file is legal however, so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. I think it might have something to do with HOME not recognizing the pokemon's HOME tracker, since it technically hasn't been transfered into HOME until now. Not sure what the solution to this would be, or if I'm even on the right track.

TLDR, is there a way to create pokemon that originated from BDSP while using a SWSH or PLA save/sysbot without HOME flagging them as illegal?Screenshot_20230328_153140_PokmonHOME.thumb.jpg.511f22da50c7995b2a9329d5e0b17ee2.jpg

025 - Pikachu - 2AFC1EAA1567.pk8

No. HOME stores unique data for each pokemon for each game. By creating a BDSP origin pokemon in SWSH or Legends: Arceus, HOME already expects that pokemon to have passed through HOME, and it expects to have already stored game specific data for BDSP. 

Since it didn't actually originate in BDSP, HOME looks for that data and finds nothing. It may resolve the issue if deposited into BDSP, but as a rule of thumb, HOME should "see" a pokemon for the first time being deposited from the correct game. Try to generate BDSP stuff in BDSP, LA stuff in LA, and SWSH stuff in SWSH.

Edited by Atrius97
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Atrius97 said:

No. HOME stores unique data for each pokemon for each game. By creating a BDSP origin pokemon in SWSH or Legends: Arceus, HOME already expects that pokemon to have passed through HOME, and it expects to have already stored game specific data for BDSP. 

Since it didn't actually originate in BDSP, HOME looks for that data and finds nothing. It may resolve the issue if deposited into BDSP, but as a rule of thumb, HOME should "see" a pokemon for the first time being deposited from the correct game. Try to generate BDSP stuff in BDSP, LA stuff in LA, and SWSH stuff in SWSH.

Thanks for the response. I wish the discord servers that run these sysbots would tell us this information. I see pokemon like this in HOME all the time from people who didn't gen them correctly. Guess I'll have to trade with other people if I want to complete the BDSP dex. Not paying $45 for that game lol.

It's interesting because Pokemon HOME actually does recognize that the pokemon is from BDSP and updates the pokedex correctly, even if the mon didn't technically originate from the game. It just doesn't have that specifc pokemon's data stored in the database.