Games: New Generation V Pokémon Revealed

NewsBot

???? type is just a type without any strengths or weaknesses. New types? Maybe... maybe not. But they always do new type combinations... I just want Grass/Fire or something interesting. Or even Water/Fire (Luvdisc should totally evolve into one! Love = burning passion like FIRE... and it's a fish... what could be better?)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

???? type is just a type without any strengths or weaknesses. New types? Maybe... maybe not. But they always do new type combinations... I just want Grass/Fire or something interesting. Or even Water/Fire (Luvdisc should totally evolve into one! Love = burning passion like FIRE... and it's a fish... what could be better?)

I understand that ???? Type is just a type without any strengths or weaknesses but that doesn't rule out the fact that it might be used in later games. Strengths and weaknesses can be integrated into it (since it hasn't been used as an actual type) in later generations.

I understand that ???? Type is just a type without any strengths or weaknesses but that doesn't rule out the fact that it might be used in later games. Strengths and weaknesses can be integrated into it (since it hasn't been used as an actual type) in later generations.

It can be used... but I think they would rather keep it as a filler type for moves like CURSE or STRUGGLE... which would have no other types to be assigned to otherwise. If they were to make a type with strengths and weaknesses, I believe they'd make a new type rather than mess with the ???? type.

I can see Lucario in it... but my first thought was that it looked like a Blaziken. Maybe it's the 5th Gen's final evolution for one of the starters? That's kinda how 3rd gen was brought into play in the anime. Blakizen was in the Silver Conference. Of course, you can't fully rely on the anime for what will happen in the games. :P

I can see Lucario in it... but my first thought was that it looked like a Blaziken. Maybe it's the 5th Gen's final evolution for one of the starters? That's kinda how 3rd gen was brought into play in the anime. Blakizen was in the Silver Conference. Of course, you can't fully rely on the anime for what will happen in the games. :P

I don't see why they'd use the final form of a starter as an important character in the movie. The way they're using "Z" makes it seem like he's more than your average Pokemon. I think it'll either be a legendary or an extremely rare and powerful Pokemon like Lucario was/is.

Weird this is what I saw in my minds eye when I saw the shadow and I had not seen this fan art before...so creepy

I told my bro it should be a last evo of a the fire starter of the new region plus it should be fire/dark almost fox or wolf like, since we couldn't think of if there was a wolf pokemon already.

My other thought was a mix between egyptian god anubis and kyubbi fox.

I personally see it as a completely new evolution of Mightyena. If you compare Mightyena with the new Pokemon silhouette, you can obviously see some little similarities. It looks like Mightyena became a werewolf and werewolves shape shift (don't they?)

I hope its a new evolution line, new Pokes are always exciting! Hopefully it'll be a fire type.. speaking of fire types I think they should release a fire type lion pokemon... similar to Rapidash but a lion with a flame mane. My life would be complete.

i have a few possible ideas

i agree with the people who say it looks like a new evolution of sandslash, mightena and lucario, but i think it could aslo maybe be a new evolution of ninetales, as it and vulpix are the only fox based pokemon in the game, and i think it looks like a fox a bit

I hope its a new evolution line, new Pokes are always exciting! Hopefully it'll be a fire type.. speaking of fire types I think they should release a fire type lion pokemon... similar to Rapidash but a lion with a flame mane. My life would be complete.

isnt that what entei is????

Maybe (I'm just throwing this out there) it will be shadow type, the only naturally shadow as of yet known about. They may have others in the generation. I agree with wraith, two mewtwos is confusing. Maybe its Rattatas new evolution? Just throwing that one out there also.

I personally see it as a completely new evolution of Mightyena. If you compare Mightyena with the new Pokemon silhouette, you can obviously see some little similarities. It looks like Mightyena became a werewolf and werewolves shape shift (don't they?)

If that's the case.......well, there will be at least one extremely happy member on this forum. *grins*

Evolution of an old pokemon doesn't make any sense to me.

It's going to be the main pokemon of the movie not something like Electivire...

I still don't see any similarity to Lucario so I'm wondering why people think about it when they saw it.

Maybe the process goes like this:

1. what are the options: legendary or not

2. discard thoughts about being totally new as there isn't anything to continue thinking about that way xD.

3. wait! only legendaries star in movies.

3.a Correction!: well there was Lucario...

4. Stop thinking

5. post on the internet: MAYBE ITS LUCARIO EVOLUTION

xD

Btw:

see those hair bits that stand out of the "mane"?

They are all the same design. The first three are perfectly similar.

That's why the first one is not an ear (like in the red fanart) and why the second one is not a different part either (like in another fanart). Same goes for making a connection between one of those and mightyenas ears...

the 4 is the most WTF in that picture. It's not even pointing at Poochyenas tail but the leg xD and then the end of the mane or whatever that is (it originates form the head.)

I don't see why they'd use the final form of a starter as an important character in the movie. The way they're using "Z" makes it seem like he's more than your average Pokemon. I think it'll either be a legendary or an extremely rare and powerful Pokemon like Lucario was/is.

I don't think it'll be a legendary. Nor, will I ever think it's an evolution of a starter, NOR will it ever be the evolution of a previous starter. Just pointing that out.

And I don't see the link between "Z" and Mightyena/Sandslash. It does look like a hairy Lucario, but I highly doubt it'd be a previous evolution. They usually introduce something new and exotic (which I love).

I believe it to be just another fancy Pokémon (not legendary, not special), that will make a slight cameo here and there in the movie. I doubt it'd be anything major.

Btw, those fan-arts look amazing, but they kind of make the "Z" look.... typical. I just hope it isn't blue (I've seen enough blue lol).