Female Shiny Venusaur Gen 1

Alyru

2 hours ago, Alyru said:

I was creating a Living Shiny Dex for each generation and it turns out that I can't create a shiny female Venusaur. It worked with the rest of the first generation females, it only happens with Venusaur.

1677360870679731634072353906560.thumb.jpg.26dc9ee6e17369924338b90d278c378d.jpg

In gens 1 and 2 female starters can never be shiny since both gender and shiny is determined by the Pokémon DVs. A female starter has an attack DV of either 0 or 1 and the lowest attack DV a shiny Pokémon can have is 2. So for a starter Pokémon to be shiny it has to be male since an attack DV of 2 will result with the Pokémon being male; therefore, starters that are female and shiny is impossible.

• Thanks 1

This is actually possible, but PKHeX doesn't account for it yet. VC Gen 1 transfers with the "wrong shiny stats" (swapped Attack and Defense), during Transporter v1.2, could wind up shiny and female on transfer, even if they had the 1 Female to 7 Males gender ratio. 

Screenshot_20230226_025448_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230226_025409_Chrome.jpg

To my knowledge, this was corrected before the release of VC Gen 2, so this was only possible until Sept 5th 2017, with VC Gen 2 releasing on the 22nd later that month.

It's also a short list of species, the three Gen 1 Starters, Eevee, Fossils, and Snorlax.

Edited by Atrius97
  • Amazed 1

13 hours ago, Atrius97 said:

This is actually possible, but PKHeX doesn't account for it yet.

Actually PKHeX account for this too, a detection for this scenario is in the code. As long as the Pokemon was transfered to gen7 from a gen 1 game and has no data that requires it to pass trought a gen 2 game (like exclusive gen2 moves or level that can only be obtained in gen 2 as for example level 5 snorlax from an egg) PkHex should detect a shiny female as legal.

PD: I think the date doesn't matter for legallity purposes because a player could change the date on his 3DS. I think it wasn't until Pokemon Go and Switch events where a server date (and therefore one that can't be changed by the user) started to be used when receiving Pokemon.

Edited by javier_himura
  • Thanks 1