Red Lightning

Intro:

Well, this is the best team I've made so far. This team revolves around Scizor, the Red Lightning. Basically because I've realized he can beat almost anybody with a couple of sword's dance + bullet punch.

Objective:

Baton pass speed+attack to scizor, then sweep with him.

The team:

251.png

Celebi @ Leftovers

Nature: Timid

Ability: Natural Care

4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 Sp. Atk

-Stealth Rock

-Leaf Storm

-U-turn

-Psychic

Celebi is there only to Stealth Rock. The rest of the attacks are to protect itself and to counter common leads like Azelf or Swampert, even an Aerodactyl.

291.png

Ninjask @ Focus Sash

Nature: Jolly

Ability: Speed Boost

248 HP / 156 Atk / 104 Spd

-Swords Dance

-Toxic

-X-Scissor

-Baton Pass

Ninjask is ESSENTIAL in this team. With Focus Sash I can be sure 95% of the time that I will be able to Baton Pass 1 Swords Dance + 1 Speed Boost to Scizor (I'll explain Scizor in a bit.) It doesn't have the Speed EV's maxed out because with those it is faster than the second non-uber fastest pokémon: Electrode (and normally no one uses it.) Toxic if I'm having problems with someone, and X-Scissor to defend itself.

212.png

Red Lightning @ Metal Coat

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Technician

252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 Sp. Def

-Bullet Punch

-Bug Bite

-Swords Dance

-Roost

The Red Lightning. Basically two Swords Dance's Baton Passed by Ninjask make this Scizor almost invencible. Believe me when I say that one Bullet Punch can OHKO almost anything, and since it attacks first.... Bug Bite is there to give more type coverage, and since Ninjask has Speed Boost, it also Baton Passes the two or three Speed increases. In case Ninjask is killed before fullfilling its goal, Scizor also has Swords Dance to increase its attack by itself, and Roost in case its health runs down. Maybe the Defence stats seem weird but I need to protect him from either a Flare Blitz or Flamethrower...it drives me paranoiac.

121.png

Starmie @ Focus Sash

Nature: Modest

Ability: Natural Care

4 Def / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd

-Rapid Spin

-Surf

-Light Screen

-Reflect

I know its weird to give so many jobs to one single pokémon...but i really didn't have a choice. Focus Sash is to be sure that at least the Rapid Spin will work. Reflect and Light Screen to support the rest of the party, it could be for protecting Ninjask and give it more time to use another Swords Dance or to protect either Rotom or Scizor from their respective weaknesses.

51.png

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash

Ability: Arena Trap

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

-Aerial Ace

-Earthquake

-Endure

-Reversal

Another one with Focus Sash, but I definitely need it for my worst nightmare made real: Infernape. That blazing monkey is the best counter for basically the whole team, so with Arena Trap he can`t get away from an OHKO Earthquake. Aerial Ace for extra covering and Endure + Reversal...well, you know that strategy. And since Dugtrio is pretty fast he can perform that well.

479O.png

*Sorry for using this sprite as an image, i didn`t find a pic of Oven Rotom like the ones above.

Rotom @ Leftovers

Nature: Modest

Ability: Levitate

HP 252 / 128 Spd / 128 Sp. Atk

-Shadow Ball

-Overheat

-Thunderbolt

-Sucker Punch

First of all, I know it is extremely weird to give Rotom Sucker Punch, but it is there to protect it against a possible Gengar, which is not only faster than Rotom, but that can possibly OHKO it with Shadow Ball. Overheat is risky since it lowers Sp. Atk, so I use it only in two cases: Scizor & Bronzong. Aside from them, I don't really have a reason to use it...actually it will only make it weaker.

The only couple of things I'm not sure are the EV's for Scizor and Rotom and Ninjask's Toxic...I putted it there for "precaution", but I think there must be something much more better.

51.png

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash

Ability: Arena Trap

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

-Aerial Ace

-Earthquake

-Endure

-Reversal

Another one with Focus Sash, but I definitely need it for my worst nightmare made real: Infernape. That blazing monkey is the best counter for basically the whole team, so with Arena Trap he can`t get away from an OHKO Earthquake. Aerial Ace for extra covering and Endure + Reversal...well, you know that strategy. And since Dugtrio is pretty fast he can perform that well.

I don't see the point in both Endure and Focus sash, If something breaks the band with a potential OHKO move and has a priority move, you'll eventually get hit anyway. And in OU there are many Priority movers, such as the Infernape you're trying to counter ;). Why not take out endure and pop on Sucker punch? I mean (If dugtrio has base 110 speed Like I think it does) Duggy will always outrun Infernape without the priority, so you can earthquake him, and if he is still living, outspeed him with your own priority move.

Might have been a bad example I just don't see the point in both, really. :/

Gl though, looks better than the last one if you can pull it off

:D

It's really great to see more ppl creating custom sets <3 :), although i have to point out some small advices for the team OK

Sizor: Replace BugBite with X-Scissor, more power unless u want to eat(?) the berry ur foes holding...IDK

Ninjask: Looking Good :)

Celebi: If i'm not wrong i think celbi can learn aromatherapy which can heal ur main sweeper status ( Scizor ), Leech seed can also help you recover more health for the team if not scizor only

Starmie: Bad choice of moves for a frail/sweeper type pokemon...if u really need a Dual-Screener, You can use articuno ( Bulky,IceBeam, DualScreener ) , clefable ( He has access to wish ) or even blastoise ( Bulky with good HP ) he is good :)

Dugtrio: Can't really say anything about him since i don't know what to do about him LOL

Rotom-Oven: I highly advise switching to rotom and give this set:-

Rotom@Leftovers

Evs: SpA 252 / SPD 252

Nature: Timid / Modest

Moves: ThunderBolt, ShadowBall,W-O-W, ThunderWave

Because ur focusing on ur main sweeper which is Scizor, Crippling ur foes with status can help raise ur success in setting up ur sweeper often :)

Hope I Helped....

Yours, Sarutan

Tbird, so basically change endure for sucker punch ???

um, scizor with technician makes bug bite have a base power of 90, while x-scissor has 80.

starmies priorities arent the screens, but rapid spin. its extremely important that i rapid spin.... if not my ninjask while have its health depleted by half when it enters the battle thanks to stealth rock

btw mewtwo, its named red lightning because of one scizor i once saw in the anime lol. and please, i'd be flattered if you tried my team.

how about the ev distribution for scizor and rotom ??? you like it people ???

Ummm yes u r right about BugBite didn't notice his ability LOL, if starmie priority wasn't screens just RapidSpin, then make him a SpecialSweeper, give him IceBeam and GrassKnot or HP Grass or even ThunderBolt Works Great :D

Rotom is too Frail soo u better Max His SPD and SpA, For Scizor i suggest Maximise his SPD and ATT since his ur main sweeper u got to make sure nothing walls him especially bronzong and probopass...howabout some fighting move for some coverage ??, again i highly suggests some status moves on ur rotom/celebi/starmie

Hope I Helped :D

Yours, Sarutan

Starmie's EVs doesn't look defensive enough Veemon. And Focus Sash on that thing? I think you should just put max speed and put the rest into HP/Defenses if you want to use that moveset you are using. Starmie's already pretty decently powerful but spinning and stuff would require more defenses. Replace Sash with Leftovers.

Also, those legendary pokes have very limited movepool. Apparently, Articuno can only use Reflect, Zapdos can only Light Screen, and Moltres can only Safeguard. None of the three can use all three :(

Also, run Protect over Toxic on Ninjask. Protect will get you an extra free speed boost. If you are even more gutsy, run Substitute over X-Scissor and you have a Taunt bait Ninjask... but at least you can pass a Sub safely to Scizor.

Edited by wraith89

Celebi ->> Psychic doesn't have good enough coverage in OU IMO. You might want to try HP Fire or Earth Power over it to hit Scizor/Metagross/Jirachi and Heatran respectively.

Jask ->> Protect/Sub/BPass/Swords Dance @ Brightpowder is my favorite set for this. Protect first turn, then alternate between Sub and Protect until they get a miss. At the worst case scenario, you'll pass +6 Speed. You might want to pass earlier if a set-up Poke appears though, as you are set-up bait. Move those Atk EVs to Def, not that it'd matter. With SR everywhere, Sash is useless. Lefties lets you sub one more time.

Scizor ->> If you are sure that Jask will pass speed, Iron Head > Bullet Punch might be a good choice. The EVs are redundant. Maximizing your HP is always the best choice.

Starmie ->> I'd suggest a set of Recover/Spin/Surf/Ice Beam. Starmie's speed lets it check many threats, and it's rather bulky. Use this spread: Timid 216 Spd/252 HP/40 Def. 216 Speed + Timid lets you outspeed all base 100 Pokes. The rest in Defenses for more bulkiness. Lefties again, Focus Sash will NEVER BE OF ANY USE.

Dugtrio ->> With suicide leads on pretty much all teams, Focus Sash is practically useless. You might want to try and use Choice Scarf Dug. Adamant, 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 HP, EQ/SE/Night Slash/Aerial Ace.

Rotom ->> If you are afraid of Gar, you can use TrickScarf Tom, which also screws up walls. Trick/Overheat/Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt or Discharge; 252 SA/Spd, 6 HP, Modest is the best spread. Sucker Punch coming from Modest 0 Atk Rotom-C does a pitiful %42-49 to Gar anyways, and he can pretty much OHKO you back.

For a defensive Pokemon, ALWAYS MAX HP FIRST. That's the rule of thumb, which gives it more survivability on both sides. Bliss is an obvious exception.

Life Orb will drain Scizor's HP too fast though, forcing you to use Roost every so often. Expert Belt or Muscle Band are other options.

You can use this lad as a lead:

Uxie @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP/104 Def/152 Spd

Impish/Bold

- Trick

- Thunder Wave

- Stealth Rock

- Heal Bell/U-Turn/Psychic/Thunderbolt/Grass Knot/Fire Punch/Memento/Reflect/Light Screen

Scarf and 152 Speed EVs let you outspeed +Spd Base 130 Pokemon, such as Kazam and Crobat. Always Trick first turn, they'll at worst be locked in an attacking move which your other Pokemon can take. The most common scenario is that they SR, you paralyze the incoming Pokemon and get your Rocks up. A totally reliable lead that you can count on.

The last slot is up for preference. I myself use Heal Bell since my team hates status so much. If you hate being Taunt-bait, you can use an attacking option in that last slot. Psychic is the first attack that comes to mind as it has STAB. Grass Knot is for Swampert. Thunderbolt makes Uxie a magnificent Gyarados counter, as Uxie will survive +3 LO Waterfall most of the time (%85-100, you may survive even with SR). Fire Punch is obviously for opposing Scizor. Memento can be useful if you want Ninjask to guarantee passing at least one SD boost. Finally, the Screens are always reliable. Use the nature that doesn't effect your last move.

I think even if you don't use swords dance it may still have devastating effect because of the good combo between bullet punch and technician ability but your scizor's really good.

And just my suggestion/opinion, as scizor doesn't have problem with ghosts, maybe it will be better if you replace bug bite with hidden power, coz' one time i made my mewtwo and scizor do a one on one and it almost killed my mewtwo(legal).

But since it's for type coverage as you said, it's still good.

Hidden power would be of no use to Scizor now because it's a specially inclined move as of 4th generation and he only has 55 Base SpAtk :/. Also, It has base 70 (though I suppose with perfect IV's it could become a base 60) so it doesn't benefit from the technician boost. As for bug bite, it gets technician boost, STAB, can screw pinch-berry-sets and is good for kicking the crap outa things like Latias, Zam, etc etc.