Gen 3 - Emerald - Change the boolean 'Japanese' from 'False' to 'True'

Millenials

Hello.

I would like to change the .SAVE file language in order to provide an Old Sea Map.  It seems like the option is greyed out for some reason. I have been unable to locate the hex cell to set it directly. 

Is it even possible to do this?

Thanks.

Documento 1.png

Documento 2.png

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

?

Any reason why you can't
image.png
?

The Old Sea Map seems to be an exclusive-region event which was only available for Japanese games. My intention is to change the .save file language to Japanese, or make it readable as 'True'.

2 hours ago, Millenials said:

The Old Sea Map seems to be an exclusive-region event which was only available for Japanese games. My intention is to change the .save file language to Japanese, or make it readable as 'True'.

The older games are not like the 3DS/Switch era games where all languages are on a single release.

You can not magically make your save file Japanese if it's sourced from a non-Japanese cartridge. Buy a Japanese cartridge and play that.

37 minutes ago, sora10pls said:

The older games are not like the 3DS/Switch era games where all languages are on a single release.

You can not magically make your save file Japanese if it's sourced from a non-Japanese cartridge. Buy a Japanese cartridge and play that.

I can run it with a Japanese cartridge though, but it won't change the data block...

25 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Are you using a non-Japanese save on a Japanese game?

Yes, the game runs, but the point is that you shouldn't just *do that*.

I suggest you start the a new game in a Japanese Emerald.

Yes, I can run non-Japanese saves on Japanese games, that's why I am asking, since it seems like it should be possible to just change the language byte from 0 to 1, as soon as it is located (which it seems to be, since PKHeX is able to provide its value).

5 hours ago, Millenials said:

Yes, I can run non-Japanese saves on Japanese games, that's why I am asking, since it seems like it should be possible to just change the language byte from 0 to 1, as soon as it is located (which it seems to be, since PKHeX is able to provide its value).

There are potentially other bytes and flag set by different languaged games, hence why it’s not entirely a good idea to change it. However if you must, you can browse the PKHeX code on their GitHub page. As you said, it’s definitely there.