How safe is it to inject seeds into Pokemon Scarlet/Violet for Shiny Raid Dens?

Nefarious

Hi, all I'm new to this forum so apologies if this is the wrong place to ask.

I've seen people using cfw switches and Tera Raid Finder with RaidCalc to get seeds for shiny raid dens, high Herba drop dens, etc in Pokemon Scarlet/Violet. They then host these raids online so that anyone with the Link Code can join them.

I'm wondering how safe that is or if it could lead to a ban? I've been debating modding my own unpatched switch to do this. But I don't know if I'd get banned. The people who do it that I've talked to just cfw the sysnand and don't bother with emunand. They say because they own legit copies of the game that they aren't doing anything that could get them banned. But to me injecting a seed sounds like it would be like save editing. and from my understanding save editing can get you banned?

Just looking to gain a better understanding before I go ahead and mod my switch.

I think this post sums it up pretty well:

All seeds are possible, so it's pretty safe. From server's perspective there is nothing fishy about these raids. Of course theoretically they can add some anti-injection measures in the future for client-side (imo unlikely) but that would obviously require a game patch, so there's nothing to worry about right now.

Edited by MewTracker
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MewTracker said:

I think this post sums it up pretty well:

All seeds are possible, so it's pretty safe. From server's perspective there is nothing fishy about these raids. Of course theoretically they can add some anti-injection measures in the future for client-side (imo unlikely) but that would obviously require a game patch, so there's nothing to worry about right now.

Thank you for the very quick reply! So I guess just whenever GameFreak/Nintendo releases an update I should just check back here or on your discord server to ensure everything is still safe?

That surely won't hurt ;) Raid hosting has been done by various communities and generally I don't think it's going anywhere. Especially considering the fact that hosts can reset their game and host same raid over and over. That's already a massive "exploit", so if game devs decide that they don't like it, that's what is going to be changed in the first place rather than niche stuff such as seed injection.

Edited by MewTracker