[SV] RaidCalc: Seed generator for injection, drop farming and shinies

MewTracker

First of all, awesome tool, thank you for the hard work. It's been really useful to me.

There's one feature "missing" that I could swear I've seen in this tool before (or maybe I'm confusing it with some other tool). Namely, a den map. I have a helluva time finding the correct den to edit once I've got the proper seed. It was something as simple as a map that showed the index # of a particular den, which made it straightforward to find the proper den to edit in PKHeX. Now that I think of it it might have been the Overworld8/Max IV Raid searcher plugin Pokefinder for gen 8, but I swear there was something similar for gen 9 floating around.

Either way, I don't know if such a feature would fall within the scope of the program, but it would be *awesome* to have as a quick reference guide. There's already an encounter database in the program, which also acts as a super useful reference.

In the meantime, is there a map with the terra raid locations which show the proper index available anywhere? Entering 70ish seeds from PKHeX into the seed viewer in the hopes of finding the appropriate den is pretty time consuming, I feel like there has to be an easier way, and I'm just being dense 🤨, Googling for den map locations just brings up actual maps which don't have the numerical index needed for editing, so that's not helpful. Saving, defeating the raid, seeing which den got deactivated, and reloading is another way, but it is equally time consuming.

If you take nothing else away from this post, let it be "thank you for your hard work, it's appreciated".

Edited by observeroftime
  • Like 1

In the meantime, is there a map with the terra raid locations which show the proper index available anywhere? Entering 70ish seeds from PKHeX into the seed viewer in the hopes of finding the appropriate den is pretty time consuming, I feel like there has to be an easier way, and I'm just being dense 🤨

You can propagate a single raid to all dens in PKHeX. Then it's a matter of trying 2-3 dens in-game to find one that belongs to a correct distribution group (only in case of events).

I'd love to have a proper map with den IDs and distribution groups but currently I have no time to work on this.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you not set TID / SID in RaidCalc for PID generation? It's fine if you can't, I can use other tools to do this, but I thought I was getting bad PID generation until I realized that RaidCalc didn't have the TID / SID set.

Edited by coreycubed
I didn't understand Gen9 PID generation lol

On 5/23/2023 at 11:09 PM, coreycubed said:

Can you not set TID / SID in RaidCalc for PID generation? It's fine if you can't, I can use other tools to do this, but I thought I was getting bad PID generation until I realized that RaidCalc didn't have the TID / SID set.

Because there is nothing to set here. When raid is generated a fake TIDSID value is used and shininess is determined based on that fake value.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am wanting to use this tool to farm Tera Shards as efficiently as possible. I have selected Ghost Tera Shard and Ghost as the Tera Type. This results in 0 seeds. When I uncheck the item filters, I get way too many permutations to load.

I understand I can filter down to reduce the number of seeds available. My question is, is there a way to sort by rewards such that the seed with the maximum number of tera shards is at the top?

Secondly, I did not see an item filter for Ability Patch, only Ability Capsule. Is this something that can be added?

4 hours ago, PJohns said:

Hello, I am wanting to use this tool to farm Tera Shards as efficiently as possible. I have selected Ghost Tera Shard and Ghost as the Tera Type. This results in 0 seeds. When I uncheck the item filters, I get way too many permutations to load.

I understand I can filter down to reduce the number of seeds available. My question is, is there a way to sort by rewards such that the seed with the maximum number of tera shards is at the top?

Secondly, I did not see an item filter for Ability Patch, only Ability Capsule. Is this something that can be added?

There is a filter for the patch. It is between the Naive Mint and the Normal Tera Shard.

• Like 1

v4.8.0

Download: https://github.com/MewTracker/sv-research/releases/

Changes:

• Added Gimmighoul event
  • Added support for shiny-locked Pokémon in events (Iron Leaves, Walking Wake, Gimmighoul)
  • Fixed rewards for Great Tusk and Iron Treads event

@PJohns There is no sorting option. Keep increasing "min items sum" to find a threshold that works for you. To iterate faster try searching on a smaller seed space (e.g. 00000000-10000000 will be 16 times faster and it checks enough seeds to find good values). Once you find a satisfying threshold value do a full search (00000000-FFFFFFFF).

Please note that there are filters for "<type name> Tera Shard" and just "Tera Shard". First one searches for hardcoded item of specified type. "Tera Shard" indicates shards that match tera type of current raid Pokémon. "Material" works the same way, it's a Pokémon specific material drop. In your case you probably want to set Pokémon tera type to Ghost and search for "Tera Shard" item.

@peacemaker_jamie Done :)

• Like 1

Do there any way to use my 64-bit daily seed to calculate when will the target shiny den spawn?
or use the pokemon's PID to calculate daily seed or shiny den.  Just like SWSH.
I wonder there is any easy way to find a shiy Gimmighoul with out hacking my switch. only helped by bots and calculater 

11 hours ago, Albert930208 said:

Do there any way to use my 64-bit daily seed to calculate when will the target shiny den spawn?
or use the pokemon's PID to calculate daily seed or shiny den.  Just like SWSH.
I wonder there is any easy way to find a shiy Gimmighoul with out hacking my switch. only helped by bots and calculater 

Future daily seeds (those 64-bit ones) are not predictable. Game saves only current and next one, future ones are generated in a cryptographically secure manner. However even if there was a way you would still need a seed from your save and accessing that requires a hacked Switch. There's no way to get around that requirement except joining shiny raids hosted by other people from their hacked consoles.

17 minutes ago, Polteageist said:

Just one question, where can I find the tutorial to inject the seed after using this seed generator? Because I could not find any tutorial on the first page of this thread nor on your github page T_T @MewTracker

Typically you just use Raid Editor in PKHeX to edit seed values for desired dens. Keep in mind that dens change every day, so pay attention to your clock. Connecting to the Internet also refreshes dens.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MewTracker said:

Future daily seeds (those 64-bit ones) are not predictable. Game saves only current and next one, future ones are generated in a cryptographically secure manner. However even if there was a way you would still need a seed from your save and accessing that requires a hacked Switch. There's no way to get around that requirement except joining shiny raids hosted by other people from their hacked consoles.

Typically you just use Raid Editor in PKHeX to edit seed values for desired dens. Keep in mind that dens change every day, so pay attention to your clock. Connecting to the Internet also refreshes dens.

I'm on PKHex right now and editing the seed values but how do I pinpoint the location of the raid I've edited? There is no GUI or description for the raid numbers. The areaID and spawn point ID don't say much about its exact location...

47 minutes ago, Polteageist said:

I'm on PKHex right now and editing the seed values but how do I pinpoint the location of the raid I've edited? There is no GUI or description for the raid numbers. The areaID and spawn point ID don't say much about its exact location...

True and that's painful. Also we don't have any sort of map to know which dens belong to specific distribution groups for events. I would like to address this some day...

You can either propagate seed to all dens or find a den in game -> change its state (collect LP, beat the raid) -> compare changes to previous save file. Once you find a difference you have a "well-known" den which you will probably end up using for all spoofs.

• Like 1

Hi I'm just wondering how to add the gimmighoul raids. I input the seen into den 1 and set it to distribution and I get an arrocuda, every other event raid works except this one wondering what I'm doing wrong. @MewTracker

111163DA this seed is a gimmighoul 5 star shiny, but when I insert it into the raid in pkhex it comes out to a 4 star squawkabilly

i set the raid content to distribution 

idk why its so difficult for this event

Edited by FPS_Disrupt

First of all double check if BCAT data is injected correctly. Second thing to worry about is distribution group:

Just inject same raid into every den with PKHeX, walk around and test a few dens. You will quickly find one that belongs to a correct group.

question what is BCAT, and where is it located? @MewTracker

Also in pkhex what do I put the content to base5, black6, distribution, might7?

I also put the seed in every raid and set it to distribution and all raids are 4* Pokémon that's not gimmighoul

Edited by FPS_Disrupt

3 hours ago, FPS_Disrupt said:

question what is BCAT, and where is it located?

As with every event you need to inject its data to your save:

3 hours ago, FPS_Disrupt said:

This is an event, so "distribution".

Edited by MewTracker

I've just checked using: AreaID=16 SpawnPointID=2 Content=Distribution Seed=111163DA (the one you provided) and it's a ghost tera, shiny Gimmighoul.

Remember that day rollover and connecting to the Internet refreshes the dens. If you want to propagate raid parameters and seed in PKHeX you need to keep Shift button pressed while clicking "Copy to Other Raids" button. Without Shift it will propagate other parameters but not seed.

On 6/26/2023 at 6:56 AM, FPS_Disrupt said:

base5 - > 1* to 5* raids

black6 -> 6* raids (the ones which show up with a dark background on the map)

distribution -> event-related raids

might7 -> 7* raids (event-related also, show up with a black background)

The game seems to have some sort of limit of how many of each type can be active at the same time. For example, setting all of your raids to might7 will yield unexpected and funky results. If I set more than 10 distribution raids, a number of them will have incorrect contents, and I can find about 9 - 10 "correct" dens. I think there might be a limit of 10 distribution, 1 black6 and 1 might7 raid at the same time, but I will gladly stand corrected if someone has more accurate and less empirical information. It could also depend on the event for all I know.

It also appears as though the "Raid (7 star)" button in PKHeX only brings up a list of past events, and whether I have caught the pokemon from the 7* raid. I don't think there's any raid editing to be done with the "Raid (7 star)" button unless you want to re-capture another limited pokemon from the event. 

Edited by observeroftime
formating

If I set more than 10 distribution raids, a number of them will have incorrect contents, and I can find about 9 - 10 "correct" dens. I think there might be a limit of 10 distribution, 1 black6 and 1 might7 raid at the same time, but I will gladly stand corrected if someone has more accurate and less empirical information. It could also depend on the event for all I know.

This is about distribution groups. There are up to 10 groups per event and every den is assigned to a group. In practice we never see more than 2-3 groups at a time, so it's enough to find yourself one den per group and keep reusing them forever. You can easily play around with this during multi-group events such as Garchomp and Sylveon Spotlight.

I would like to properly research that and add a map but I don't really have time recently.

4 hours ago, observeroftime said:

It also appears as though the "Raid (7 star)" button in PKHeX only brings up a list of past events, and whether I have caught the pokemon from the 7* raid. I don't think there's any raid editing to be done with the "Raid (7 star)" button unless you want to re-capture another limited pokemon from the event. 

Yep, that feature allows your save to "forget" that you have caught a 7* Pokémon.