[SV] RaidCalc: Seed generator for injection, drop farming and shinies

MewTracker

RaidCalc v2.0.0 has been released :) There are some UI improvements and bugfixes since pre-release version, so please make sure to update.

Download: https://github.com/MewTracker/sv-research/releases

Changes:

• Reworked seed finder engine + tested for correctness against RaidCrawler
  • Added seed viewer - you can open it from tool menu or double click any seed in result table to view its details
  • Added tera type filtering
  • Added ability filtering
  • Added nature filtering
  • Added gender filtering
  • Added story progression selection
  • Added raid boost selection
  • Added settings dialog
  • Added about dialog

@Rainbowdutches04 Threads:

Seed search can be parallelized to make it faster. Each thread can run on a different CPU core for better resource utilization. By default program will select maximum number of cores your CPU has minus one. This of course doesn't affect results.

Story progress (options renamed in 2.0.0): https://game8.co/games/Pokemon-Scarlet-Violet/archives/398238#hl_1

Raid boost: https://game8.co/games/Pokemon-Scarlet-Violet/archives/398132

1 minute ago, Rainbowdutches04 said:

So if i choose a lower number a threads (something lower than 7), does that mean my computer will be able to get the seeds faster?

The opposite is true. More threads doing the work -> faster results. Default setting should be the fastest in most cases.

Also what does the "unlocked" part of "Story Progress" mean?

Check link from my previous post. You unlock different raid difficulties with story progression.

On 12/23/2022 at 8:12 PM, MewTracker said:

I've made another release: https://github.com/MewTracker/sv-research/releases/tag/v2.0.0-prerelease

I still want to add some minor quality of life improvements (mostly UI), so this one is currently marked as "pre-release". I hope you will enjoy new features :)

@CodysOutCruisin Do you have any specific questions? You basically set all the criteria and program will find seeds for you. You can take any seed you want and inject it into any den via PKHeX's Raid Editor (check this post for a screenshot). You need to modify seed and "Content" (this one controls 1-5 vs 6 star raids) fields only.

I started playing with raidcalc and raidcrawler, ive red through a lot of the readmes and its starting to make sense. i now have a few questions that i would love your input on :)

> when attempting to connect my switch to raidcrawer, it says "no connection could be made because the target machine refused it." how do i get that to connect, and is it necessary?

> i found a nice seed on on raidcalc, but not exactly sure how to get the seed into my game...

> your thread talks about manipulating the raid.. am i able to change whats in the raid and host it either locally, or with a close friend? example: a shiny eternatus raid..? or example 2: a normal wigglytuff raid where it drops like 10 herbas or maybe some unreleased items? is that possible? if so how? {dumb addon quetion}: if i figure out how to manipulate or "hack" raids, how likely is it that my console will get banned? my understanding is that piracy is the main way to get banned, and other cfw stuff is fine as long as its a legit copy of the game

again thanks so much, im thankful for you sharing your expertise and knowledge. happy new year!

@CodysOutCruisin No idea about RaidCrawler question. Although I derived original rewards generation algorithm from it I've never actually used this software for its intended purpose.

i found a nice seed on on raidcalc, but not exactly sure how to get the seed into my game...

Easiest way is PKHeX + any save manager (e.g. JKSV). Raid editor is on the "SAV" tab in PKHeX.

> your thread talks about manipulating the raid.. am i able to change whats in the raid and host it either locally, or with a close friend? example: a shiny eternatus raid..? or example 2: a normal wigglytuff raid where it drops like 10 herbas or maybe some unreleased items? is that possible? if so how? {dumb addon quetion}: if i figure out how to manipulate or "hack" raids, how likely is it that my console will get banned? my understanding is that piracy is the main way to get banned, and other cfw stuff is fine as long as its a legit copy of the game

Raids are generated from those seeds to avoid such manipulations. Other console gets the seed and generates same species, rewards, etc. I'm not sure how game handles 7 star raids, so that might be something worth checking out. I didn't really have time to reverse engineer raids on a network level but it's something I'd like to do in the future. As things stand now, we cannot manipulate raid's "content".

@El Basura Currently there's no support for event raids but it seems we'll be getting a lot of events, so I already planned to add that.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, El Basura said:

Is there a way to generate seed of event terra raids that already past its event date period?

I was actually able to do this with the Charazard event with PKHex... there was some files located in the gen 9 event download section in the forums. It will tell you how to edite four or five separate fields under the block data section. After you alter those fields, inject the save and load it with jksv/checkpoint and move the system date on your switch to a day that the event happened. I was able to do it that way.

On 12/27/2022 at 12:18 AM, MewTracker said:

@Bakkyunkyun Yes, this is possible. You have to edit SID/TID and perform a careful adjustment to Pokémon's PID value. Let's say my shiny 6IV Ditto has a PID value of 0xF213B956 and was caught by a trainer with SID=1234 and TID=567890. I changed SID to 1111 and TID to 222222. To make my Ditto legal:

1. Remember "Xor" value, PKHeX shows it when you hover over PID edit box (text will be "PSV: <number> | Xor = <number>"). For our example Ditto it's 1.

2. Compute packed TID/SID value: 1111222222 (decimal) = 0x423BE7CE (hex). Let's call high part TH=0x423B and low part TL=0xE7CE.

3. Compute 16 upper bits of Ditto's new PID value. The formula looks like this: TH ^ TL ^ Xor ^ PIDL (PIDL is low 16 bits of old PID). So we get 0x423B ^ 0xE7CE ^ 1 ^ 0xB956 = 0x1CA2 ( ^ denotes exclusive or)

4. Replace old high bits of PID with new ones so 0xF213B956 becomes 0x1CA2B956. Pokémon is now legal :)

@Elexander I won't update seed files anymore because the program allows you to generate same information in few seconds. Result table will contain all basic Pokémon information, so it's easier for bulk viewing. Yes, all high-herba raids have a small subset of Pokémon in them. For 6 star raids they are listed here.

hello can ask if there any change to get 6IV Ditto in Sqaure Shiny cause I try the ten raid still Star shiny I'm looking Sqaure Shiny please answer

2 hours ago, MewTracker said:

@CodysOutCruisin No idea about RaidCrawler question. Although I derived original rewards generation algorithm from it I've never actually used this software for its intended purpose.

Easiest way is PKHeX + any save manager (e.g. JKSV). Raid editor is on the "SAV" tab in PKHeX.

Raids are generated from those seeds to avoid such manipulations. Other console gets the seed and generates same species, rewards, etc. I'm not sure how game handles 7 star raids, so that might be something worth checking out. I didn't really have time to reverse engineer raids on a network level but it's something I'd like to do in the future. As things stand now, we cannot manipulate raid's "content".

@El Basura Currently there's no support for event raids but it seems we'll be getting a lot of events, so I already planned to add that.

I change My Question now how to convert the PID of Star Shiny to PID of Square Shiny?

@MIO1339 Such modification will make your Pokémon illegal, don't do this. You need a raid that has a "square" shiny (Xor == 0), that's one for every 16 shiny raids (on average). Remember that all shinies in Scarlet/Violet have the same animation, so this matters only if you wish to transfer such Pokémon to Sword/Shield once Pokémon HOME support is available.

4 hours ago, MewTracker said:

@MIO1339 Such modification will make your Pokémon illegal, don't do this. You need a raid that has a "square" shiny (Xor == 0), that's one for every 16 shiny raids (on average). Remember that all shinies in Scarlet/Violet have the same animation, so this matters only if you wish to transfer such Pokémon to Sword/Shield once Pokémon HOME support is available.

Even I try many same raid and I check all they are Xor=1 even I modify my TID/SID and change little bit the PID still error even I compute in Xor=0 still error

8 hours ago, MewTracker said:

I change the PID in Xor=0 is error!! why Square Shiny cause all my shiny living dex they are all Sqaure Shiny!!!

Sorry guys, total n00b here. I believe someone asked earlier if someone could walk through step by step or make a video showing how to do this. I am somewhat tech savvy, but am having a hard time understanding how to get this to work. Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

Sorry guys, total n00b here. I believe someone asked earlier if someone could walk through step by step or make a video showing how to do this. I am somewhat tech savvy, but am having a hard time understanding how to get this to work. Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

Yes, people have asked earlier and they got answers, see previous posts. It's a simple two step process, you search for the seed based on what you want and inject it via PKHeX (as described earlier). If you run into issues at any stage just let me know what's the problem.

4 hours ago, MewTracker said:

Yes, people have asked earlier and they got answers, see previous posts. It's a simple two step process, you search for the seed based on what you want and inject it via PKHeX (as described earlier). If you run into issues at any stage just let me know what's the problem.

I figured out how to do this, however after I use the raid calc to determine the seed that I want to use, I enter it and save and export save back to JKSV. But when I go back into my game it is not there. Am I missing something with this?

Hm, generally that's the correct process. Here are some potential pitfalls I could think of:

• forgetting to export the save - "Save" button in Raid Editor DOES NOT save your changes to a file, you still need to go through File -> Export SAV to actually commit your changes
  • editing the wrong den - with 6* dens that should not be a problem though, as you should have only one active (or 2 if you have event data in your save file)
  • triggering the day skip - if you made your save e.g. yesterday but you are editing and loading it today, your game will instantly trigger a reroll for all dens when loading the save, effectively overwriting your changes, make sure that doesn't happen

9 hours ago, MewTracker said:

Hm, generally that's the correct process. Here are some potential pitfalls I could think of:

• forgetting to export the save - "Save" button in Raid Editor DOES NOT save your changes to a file, you still need to go through File -> Export SAV to actually commit your changes
  • editing the wrong den - with 6* dens that should not be a problem though, as you should have only one active (or 2 if you have event data in your save file)
  • triggering the day skip - if you made your save e.g. yesterday but you are editing and loading it today, your game will instantly trigger a reroll for all dens when loading the save, effectively overwriting your changes, make sure that doesn't happen

Yeah, I always export the save - then I restore the save I just brought over from pkhex and load game back up. I noticed today It changed the den from fairy to ice, which is what I was going for, however the pokemon I chose was Cetitan and pokemon shown was Tinkaton. Don't know if I did something wrong there.

Is raid 01 always the 6 star raid?

I made sure my time and date were correct. I have it synced to the internet. Could I send you my save file and see what the issue could be?

2 hours ago, tzehner21 said:

Yeah, I always export the save - then I restore the save I just brought over from pkhex and load game back up. I noticed today It changed the den from fairy to ice, which is what I was going for, however the pokemon I chose was Cetitan and pokemon shown was Tinkaton. Don't know if I did something wrong there.

Is raid 01 always the 6 star raid?

I made sure my time and date were correct. I have it synced to the internet. Could I send you my save file and see what the issue could be?

Ok, so this is how I got this to work and if someone else knows a better way, please, please, PLEASE let me know!!!

In my scarlet game save, raid 013 is my 6-star (the way you can tell where yours is is to cycle through the raid tab and the first 12 raids will say distribution, raid 13 says black6, and the rest, 014 to 072, will be base5).

In your screenshot, you had raid020 set to black6 which would be tied to your 6star raid spawn. This can work (and believe it or not, I set all 72 raids as my 6star and they all appeared as such if you have the patience to do it) but you may have two show up on your map (three if your doing this when a 7star raid event is going on). I know earlier someone mentioned the day seed and this does affect the black6 raids because its a once-a-day spawn. So, what I did to get this to work was:

1. Turn off auto save!!! VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

2. Manually save the game

3. Advance the in-game day (this can be done pressing the switch menu button and go to the date/time setting. You could either advance the day on your switch or just move back the time one min. Either works and you don't have to close out the game to do this)

4. Return to game and you should see the outbreaks and raid spawns reset (verify by checking to see if you have a 6star on the map if not, advance the date another day), this has to happen to generate the new daily seed!

5. Manually save and close the game out

6. Backup the game save with jksv/checkpoint

7. Shut down the switch and move the sd card to your pc

8. Open up PKHex and open up the backup game save

9. After the game is opened, go to SAV -> RAIDS -> RAID013 and put the 6star raid seed there and mark it as black6 so it would show up as the lone "legit" 6star (you could also put that same seed or other 6star seeds in all 72 raid entries if you want to farm them all just make sure you set it to black6 otherwise they will not spawn - the content flag has to match the seed).  ****Distribution is for the sparkly white pseudo event-type raids (think eevee and delibird), Black6 is for the 6star raids, base5 is the normal raids (think 1 to 5 star), and might7 is the event raids (think charazard and cinderace)****

10.  Export the game save back to the sd card and put it back into the switch and inject payload to start it up

11. Restore the game save using jksv/checkpoint and then start the game

12. When you get into the game, you should see new outbreak and raid spawn notifications (you should also see the new 6star raid you injected - as good indicator is see if the raid shows the same tera typing of the seed you injected and even more so if you seeded all 72 raid entries as a 6star)

13. Save the game and go farm them!

I have to tell you that when the in-game time rolls past the "24hour" 6star raid duration, whatever raids you did not clear will reset to normal and the random 6star will spawn. You would have to do the above steps every time you want to raid an injected seed. As @MewTracker stated, doing a date/time skip during this would despawn everything because of the new daily seed so don't until you're done farming the injected seed(s).

My switch has not and probably will not go online from fear of being banned. I turned off the time sync and manually manipulate the time on my own and had no issues with anything ingame. Once in awhile I get time sync notification with the cfw but it lets me acknowledge and clear.

Hopefully this helps, mang..

cheers.

EDITED for proper engrish

Edited by Elexander

17 hours ago, MewTracker said:

Thanks my friend, I love this tool and it had helped me farm up the herbas I wanted! But I wanted to know is there a way to manipulate the seeds to change the reward drops? for example, in your tool, this seed: 51BD1719 is for a 5iv Vaporeon that drops 10 herbas (two of each). Is there a way I can alter the counts to be more of each?

2 hours ago, tzehner21 said:

Yeah, you can. That will be easier than trying to guess what's wrong. I checked on my version on violet (I took seed from your screenshot) and it does produce correct Cetitan.

2. Manually save the game

3. Advance the in-game day (this can be done pressing the switch menu button and go to the date/time setting. You could either advance the day on your switch or just move back the time one min. Either works and you don't have to close out the game to do this)

4. Return to game and you should see the outbreaks and raid spawns reset (verify by checking to see if you have a 6star on the map if not, advance the date another day), this has to happen to generate the new daily seed!

5. Manually save and close the game out

This day skip should not be necessary. Just save the game once, edit, restore on the same day.

Thanks my friend, I love this tool and it had helped me farm up the herbas I wanted! But I wanted to know is there a way to manipulate the seeds to change the reward drops? for example, in your tool, this seed: 51BD1719 is for a 5iv Vaporeon that drops 10 herbas (two of each). Is there a way I can alter the counts to be more of each?

Already answered that. Nope. That requires a ROM hack or injecting fake event data (didn't test that yet and I wouldn't dare to host such raid ever).

10 minutes ago, MewTracker said:

This day skip should not be necessary. Just save the game once, edit, restore on the same day.

Hmm, it was the only way I could get the 6star raids to spawn for me... I will try more testing, maybe I am doing something wrong... Thank you for answering!!