Is there any way or program to see what encryption constants result in Family of Three Maushold and Three-Segment Dudunsparce

Dunsparce

Use any calculator that can do programmatic operations like modulo.

Take PKHeX PID, convert to decimal, use % 100.

Rare forms need the result to be 0. If you want the rare form, then just subtract the result from the decimal PID, convert to hex, done.

Pick a new EC that has the result you want.

16 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Rare forms need the result to be 0. If you want the rare form, then just subtract the result from the decimal PID, convert to hex, done.

Okay, I found a calculator to change it to decimal, but how do I do the % 100 part?

On 11/30/2022 at 9:26 PM, Kaphotics said:

Hello! I got stuck on the part of choosing a new EC. How do I choose it? Or should I just reroll it until I no longer get a warning signal?

Edited by JuanPortal
typo

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, suloku said:

I think this would be perfect for a pkhex plugin so we can know to which form it will evolve

The program already indicates in the legality analysis which form it will evolve to, just like it does for Wurmple.

There are batch editor commands to set a specific EC modulo, but keep in mind that the user should still understand how the entity data determines the result.

EDIT: after further testing this method WON'T WORK! None of the batch commands below will work and I haven't found any way to use the batch editor as a means to locate the dunsparce/tandemaus. It turns out when changing species form is by default set to the first one, regardless of the one corresponding to the encription constant, so you won't be abe to use the method I describe below. I'm not sure if there is a way to do this with pkhex batch editor, but in any case I coded a simple pkhex plugin that will easily tell you if you have any dunsparce/tandemause that evolves into the rare form: 

Thanks for the tip. Even though I'm in the latest version, I can't find that legality information about what it will evolve into, besides changing the species and seeing the form it gets.

In any case, using the batch editor (tools->data->batch editor) I found a way to easily identify if one has any pokemon (including eggs) that can evolve into the rare form.

ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR SAVES! This is only meant as a means for quick consultation, for example after making 30 eggs, to see if any is the alternate form, no changes to the save should be saved as these will result in illegal eggs/pokemon.

The following two batch editor commands need to be input:

- First command will turn all dunsparce/tandemaus into dudunsparce/maushold (even if they are eggs)
- Second command will give all 3 segmented/family forms a masterball so the pokemon can be easily identified in the boxes. If after running the batch command 0 pokemon have been modified, none were a 3 segmented/family form. (keep in mind that if you already had any rare forms in the save, it will also be modified)

note: I'm using species name in the codes rather than pokedex number because it seems pkhex internal IDs and national dex numbers differ.

1st command:

=Species=Dunsparce
.Species=Dudunsparce

2nd commnad:

=Species=Dudunsparce
=Form=1
.HeldItem=1

For tandemaus:

=Species=Tandemaus
.Species=Maushold

2nd command:

=Species=Maushold
=Form=0
.HeldItem=1

ps: turns out the first tandemaus I caught was a 3 family one...

Edited by suloku