I Need Help With PKHeX for Macbook Pro M1

kinggkidd

Hello everyone, I am wanting to ask this community if someone can please tell me how to install PKHeX on my MacBook Pro in detail because I am a complete dunce. I know I’m the not the brightest knife in the crayon box, and I've tried so many different ways in order to have the software on my system. I'll be honest and admit that I hardly know what I am doing and don’t know how to use Wine and its multiple counterparts. If it is possible for someone to reach out to me in the direct messages or get in touch with me through discord ( Kingg._.Kidd#8467 ) I would greatly appreciate it. 

• 1 month later...

I used wineskin to create an m1 port of pkhex. This one is a little bit outdated, so make sure to right click this application, click "Show Package Contents", drive_c, Program Files, and open the PKHeX folder. Replace the PKHeX.exe you find in there with the latest version of PKHeX. Enjoy :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rbrx-LJG-Yx4kLWeNQn9Z7bboDDrdp2x/view?usp=sharing

Sometimes Mac OS will flag the app as unsafe or damaged. To get around this, open terminal and type "xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine (drag pkhex.app here)" then hit enter. 

Edited by dtingley11222

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2022 at 10:26 AM, dtingley11222 said:

I used wineskin to create an m1 port of pkhex. This one is a little bit outdated, so make sure to right click this application, click "Show Package Contents", drive_c, Program Files, and open the PKHeX folder. Replace the PKHeX.exe you find in there with the latest version of PKHeX. Enjoy :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rbrx-LJG-Yx4kLWeNQn9Z7bboDDrdp2x/view?usp=sharing

Sometimes Mac OS will flag the app as unsafe or damaged. To get around this, open terminal and type "xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine (drag pkhex.app here)" then hit enter. 

Thank you very much! I used your google drive download... it told me the the app was damaged ... simply used the contents file and copied it to an old version of the app now I worked around the dotnet7 fail I had since the newer pkhex versions... Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I also have the problem with damaged files cloud you pls explain your procedure more detailed? 

it would be very nice from you 

On 2/28/2023 at 4:37 PM, PhoenixDragon said:

Thank you very much! I used your google drive download... it told me the the app was damaged ... simply used the contents file and copied it to an old version of the app now I worked around the dotnet7 fail I had since the newer pkhex versions... Thanks!

On 12/29/2022 at 4:26 AM, dtingley11222 said:

Sometimes Mac OS will flag the app as unsafe or damaged. To get around this, open terminal and type "xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine (drag pkhex.app here)" then hit enter.  EDIT: The original upload works, Just when I replace with newest exe it gives error,  as a note! PS Why is it so big?? (over 3gb)

Yooo so it works fine after I verify, But when I replace the exe with newest it breaks it and gives me this error message - Any idea on fix? Have a 2015 macbook proa0c8a1da383cb415adcab8c023142ef9.png

Edited by Trusty
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/28/2023 at 7:27 PM, Trusty said:

Yooo so it works fine after I verify, But when I replace the exe with newest it breaks it and gives me this error message - Any idea on fix? Have a 2015 macbook proa0c8a1da383cb415adcab8c023142ef9.png

I also get this exact same error. Any fixes?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/28/2023 at 4:27 PM, Trusty said:

You cannot update to latest at the moment because wine does not support .net 7. You can only use the version I included with the wine port.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, 

Wine now supports dotnet7, but wineskin is not up to date with wine. If you want to use the latest pkhex with wine, I recommend installing wine with brew. https://brew.sh/

After installing brew, install wine with 

brew install wine-stable

After installing wine, you can run pkhex by running

wine /path/to/pkhex.exe

If it gives you the "no dotnet 7 runtime found", then download it from here (https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/7.0) and install it using wine the same way you ran pkhex above. After it installs, run pkhex again, and you should be good to go!

Edited by dtingley11222

On 8/23/2023 at 6:55 PM, dtingley11222 said:

Hello all, 

Wine now supports dotnet7, but wineskin is not up to date with wine. If you want to use the latest pkhex with wine, I recommend installing wine with brew. https://brew.sh/

After installing brew, install wine with 

brew install wine-stable

After installing wine, you can run pkhex by running

wine /path/to/pkhex.exe

If it gives you the "no dotnet 7 runtime found", then download it from here (https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/7.0) and install it using wine the same way you ran pkhex above. After it installs, run pkhex again, and you should be good to go!

I guess that works for intel Macs, tried on my Apple Silicon one with wine64 command but no success installing dotnet7. So, I can't run PKHeX.

14 hours ago, chickfromneptune said:

Not sure if this is the same issue as the person above, but I got the error message

zsh: bad CPU type in executable: wine

when following the same steps on an M2 macbook pro

For that issue, I'd use

wine64 PKHeX.exe

since wine defaults to 32-bit applications, even though MacOS doesn't support that anymore.

Separately, I found that the installation of .NET 7 only worked with wine-crossover, and not wine. But then when I use it with PKHeX, I get a "fatal non-UI error". Not sure if anyone has been able to get around this.

Edit: It seems that the error likely comes from the fact that wine-crossover uses Wine 7.7, and likely cannot use the .NET 7 properly. So if anyone has advice on how to get wine-stable working properly, let me know!

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 11.47.04 AM.png

Edited by CoolEggs

On 9/5/2023 at 1:17 AM, dtingley11222 said:

You should be able to use the latest wine-stable release, which is wine 8.1. 

Hi! I've been trying to install PkHex on my Mac which is currently running Catalina. I've tried following all your tips but thus far I can't seem to even install .Net 7 properly using Wine Stable. Any tips? Thanks in advance!

23 hours ago, bluefoxlad said:

Hi! I've been trying to install PkHex on my Mac which is currently running Catalina. I've tried following all your tips but thus far I can't seem to even install .Net 7 properly using Wine Stable. Any tips? Thanks in advance!

Make sure you are using

wine64

when installing dotnet7, and when running PKHeX