Steps to have Pkhex

GGastrodon14

Hi everyone,

First of all, I am a beginner. I have already my 2DS with pkhex working correctly (homebrew and JKSV). 

My question is if the steps are the same for the nintendo switch oled. 
homebrew-JKSV-pkhex? 

Or do I need to do a different process or something?

thanks in advance! :)

Edited by GGastrodon14

15 minutes ago, GGastrodon14 said:

I read that is necessary a chip right? 

Yes, it has to be soldered into the main board and I heard it's pretty difficult.

15 minutes ago, GGastrodon14 said:

In which NS models could I softmod?

Switch v1 which were produced in 2017. If you can get the serial number of the console, check in there https://ismyswitchpatched.com/

Wow, so I dont know if it is better looking for a solderer or sell my NS oled and buy the old one (2017). I think it was easier than this. If I can contact with a solderer could be nice get a NS oled hacked.

another question is what is the difference between homebrew and atmosphere? I dont know if they are similar programs or not. 

thanks!!:)

You could get an old unit, if they’re cheap. Can always transfer saves between both units, as long as they share the same user profile.

Atmosphere is a modified operating system the Switch runs (think of it as ‘Windows 11’ on a Windows PC), and homebrew are basically custom made applications (think of it as ‘custom made programs not made by corporations’ on a computer)

• Like 1

You can check if eShop works. If it works then the console is not banned.
There are some cases though in which the seller may have done bannable actions, but it's not banned yet.

If that's the case, the console will be banned in the next banwave. There's no way to tell if the console is flagged and so if it'll be banned.

• Like 1

Perfect I already know it.
The more I read, more questions I have lol

I read in a post that is necessary put the jig on every time you switch off the NS. Is thst true? Also, I saw modifications on the right joy-con to do this process much easier.

thanks for your patience