Switch Gift Data Manager - Import wondercards into Switch games by faking BCAT packages

SkyLink98

6 minutes ago, Catbug said:

Sounds good. I had to manually add a CFW SysNAND option into the hekate_ipl file. Please let me know if I should change anything. Hopefully it looks good:

Hide contents

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

[CFW SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

I noticed that the theme I applied in my CFW EmuNAND (Atmosphere CFW from the boot file) ALSO applies to the CFW SysNAND. It's just some minimalist pokemon theme I downloaded through NXThemes. Should I just forget about custom themes on CFW EmuNAND since it's copying over to CFW SysNAND?

Again, the only thing I plan on doing with my CFW SysNAND is forging pokemon BCATS for missed events/raids, and then eventually doing a "legit" save file transfer from CFW SysNAND to my clean OLED switch when I'm all caught up (which I believe ALSO requires an internet connection). A few more inquiries if you can spare the time:

1. Is JKSV the only homebrew app I'll need to open on CFW SysNAND?

2. I'm also trying to do match distribution dates to dates they show up in the mystery gift logs as well as "obtained" dates for giveaways or when I catch raid pokemon. Is changing the date in this manner as simple as just changing the system clock or are there extra steps involved?

3. Anything I should know when I'm ready to transfer files over to my unmodded switch? I already have the linked nintendo profiles on both consoles.

Sorry for all the questions. I feel like I understand most of what I need to get this going, there's just some gaps in my knowledge and I'm afraid I'll miss some nuanced concepts that I should have known to avoid a ban. Normally I wouldn't care if this console is banned because I have two others for online stuff, but unfortunately the BCAT editing requires online access so I don't have much room for error. Your advice is very much appreciated. Any additional advice/tips/words of wisdom, would also be appreciated. Thank you.

Since you’re asking a bunch of CFW questions, it may be better for you to ask a server more dedicated to Switch hacking.

it sounds like your Sysnand and Emunand is temporarily linked. It shares the content on the SD card. Try running CFW Sysnand with a different SD card, with a fresh atmosphere install. Maybe the stuff won’t link over.

(also I don’t use Hekate often, so I can’t comment on the boot option. I fusee-primary straight into CFW Sysnand.)

• Like 1

I'll answer here to the questions somehow related to the Gift Data Manager tool. As Slayer mentioned, we're not really focused on general Switch modding.

11 hours ago, Catbug said:

1. Is JKSV the only homebrew app I'll need to open on CFW SysNAND?

For Event injection purposes, yes. Other than the Homebrew Launcher itself of course.

2. I'm also trying to do match distribution dates to dates they show up in the mystery gift logs as well as "obtained" dates for giveaways or when I catch raid pokemon. Is changing the date in this manner as simple as just changing the system clock or are there extra steps involved?

Wonder records takes the date-time from the internal system unix time. Changing the date/time from system settings won't work. Read the FAQ 9 :)
I won't give further support o instructions on using switch-time. Users will have to figure it out from themselves. I also don't know if it can be dangerous. I used it few times and I'm not banned, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend to use it.

3. Anything I should know when I'm ready to transfer files over to my unmodded switch? I already have the linked nintendo profiles on both consoles.

Forged BCAT themselves will not be sent to the unmodded switch. You have to redeem gifts in the modded console and only then proceed with system transfer to the other console.

I should have known to avoid a ban.

Basically just avoid any installation. Which involves NSP, XCI etc. And don't use cheat in online competitive games, such as Splatoon or Pokémon online matches. And avoid mismatching logs. If you connect emunand and then sysnand Nintendo would notice mismatching logs, even if you didn't do stuff I mentioned earlier.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Jizzas said:

내 BCAT가 작동하지 않습니다.

12412512351.jpg

Please use english, we can't read korean.

Anyways, the first screenshot you showed is an uninitialized BCAT. Try using any of the Mystery Gift features legitimately at least once (works even if no gifts are available, you just need to check for internet gifts) to properly initialize BCAT.

The second screen is your SwSh save file backup, not a BCAT backup. Be sure to select BCAT in JKSV.

4 minutes ago, Jizzas said:

The second photo was backed up by bcat. The cause is unknown.

Try this way:
- In JKSV select BCAT and hover over Sword or Shield
- Press X to open the option menu
- Select "Reset Save Data" [NB: make sure you have selected BCAT in step 1, otherwise you'll lose your game progress]
- Open your Sword / Shield and connect to Mystery Gift to initialize BCAT
- Dump BCAT again in JKSV

38 minutes ago, SkyLink98 said:

Try this way:
- In JKSV select BCAT and hover over Sword or Shield
- Press X to open the option menu
- Select "Reset Save Data" [NB: make sure you have selected BCAT in step 1, otherwise you'll lose your game progress]
- Open your Sword / Shield and connect to Mystery Gift to initialize BCAT
- Dump BCAT again in JKSV

Have you followed this step by step, specifically the part where it says "Open your Sword / Shield and connect to Mystery Gift to initialize BCAT"?

Keep in mind that a legit copy of the game running on SysNand is required. Internet connection is also required.

Might try to download the latest Wild Area News (event raids) from the Mystery Gift menu. This should force BCAT to initialize.

If this does not work, I don't have much more ideas. Maybe try by creating another user profile and launch Sword/Shield in there.

5 hours ago, SkyLink98 said:

Yes, it has. Read the FAQs.

Oh, so I have a 100% chance of getting banned. Thanks for the answer!

One final question, if there was a way to emulate the servers would doing this still work?

Edited by Andreaette
100% chance I mean.

9 hours ago, Andreaette said:

Oh, so I have a 100% chance of getting banned. Thanks for the answer!

No one has ever been banned so far for editing saves and bcats for legit pokemon games in SysNand. If you'll be banned, chances are you did something fishy like piracy and went online with it.

9 hours ago, Andreaette said:

One final question, if there was a way to emulate the servers would doing this still work?

Probably yes. The game checks the internet connection to

A) Assign a Sync ID if not already assigned

B) Init BCAT data if not already initialized

If the emulated servers can manage to handle these two points, then yes, it would work.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thank you so much for this tool! I've read through the thread and think I have my answer, but I just want to be 100% sure.

I'm looking to unlock the Kimonos in Arceus and Leon's Cap etc in Sword/Shield.

Would it be as simple as using the .wa8 file provided on the GitHub in comparison with this tool and then opening the game?

And if yes - and I think I know the answer - will I be banned? From what I can tell, the answer is likely no, but just confirming I've read everything correctly before proceeding.

7 hours ago, Extricated said:

Would it be as simple as using the .wa8 file provided on the GitHub in comparison with this tool and then opening the game?

Follow the tutorial step by step and you'll be able to redeem the Gifts you want, yes.

7 hours ago, Extricated said:

And if yes - and I think I know the answer - will I be banned? From what I can tell, the answer is likely no, but just confirming I've read everything correctly before proceeding.

Read FAQ 5:

Q) Do I risk a ban by using faked BCATs?

A) Who knows. As of now we don't have any ban reports but, as always, we don't take any responsability in case your console, game or savefile gets banned. The method is similar to save file backup / restoration, and as of now we don't have ban reports for that either. If anyhow you're too worried to proceed, just avoid following this tutorial.

Things are not changed since when the post was written.

1 hour ago, SkyLink98 said:

Follow the tutorial step by step and you'll be able to redeem the Gifts you want, yes.

Read FAQ 5:

Things are not changed since when the post was written.

Thank you! There was one thing I forgot to ask in my initial comment - the post here states "the wonder card itself is presently not usable by users, as SWSH no longer stores wonder cards in saves".

Is this now a non-issue? The post was made in 2021 so I'm not sure if it's still accurate.

Many thanks

9 hours ago, Extricated said:

Thank you! There was one thing I forgot to ask in my initial comment - the post here states "the wonder card itself is presently not usable by users, as SWSH no longer stores wonder cards in saves".

Is this now a non-issue? The post was made in 2021 so I'm not sure if it's still accurate.

Many thanks

That statement is partially true; the wondercards *aren’t* stored in saves.

The part that is outdated is the “not usable by users”

Hello, i ve found this article and i read everywhere: JSKV and  hacked switch

i ll need a tutorial for dumies: How to do?

what does i need to inject this file in my switch and where

my last hacking skills are on the 3DS with the microSD card with homebrew in the sound app

thanks for help

1 minute ago, King Impoleon said:

Hello, i ve found this article and i read everywhere: JSKV and  hacked switch

i ll need a tutorial for dumies: How to do?

what does i need to inject this file in my switch and where

my last hacking skills are on the 3DS with the microSD card with homebrew in the sound app

thanks for help

Follow the instructions in the OP - it's about as clear as it's possible to make it 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, えぬ総統 said:

I can't find the files for Leon's Hat & Tights, please let me know if they exist.

Also, is there any problem with transferring the edited data of distributed fashion items to OLEDSwitch?

*I am using Google Translate

Here

As long as you have a modded Switch you can do it.

• Like 1