Trade Evolution Pokemon Won't Evolve

PokemonGBAhax

Am I being stupid?

I'm trying to evolve Onix, Scyther, Slowpoke, Poliwhirl, Porygon, Kingdra and Clamperl between my Ruby and Sapphire.

I have all the correct items on them but once they have been traded, the item disappears as it should but no evolving.

Am I missing something here? Worked fine on Gen 1 and 2.

Maybe worth noting I'm using mGBA to trade between them as iv lost my link Cable.

Edited by PokemonGBAhax

8 hours ago, PokemonGBAhax said:

Am I being stupid?

I'm trying to evolve Onix, Scyther, Slowpoke, Poliwhirl, Porygon, Kingdra and Clamperl between my Ruby and Sapphire.

I have all the correct items on them but once they have been traded, the item disappears as it should but no evolving.

Am I missing something here? Worked fine on Gen 1 and 2.

Maybe worth noting I'm using mGBA to trade between them as iv lost my link Cable.

Are the trainer details between the Ruby and sapphire copies different?

Did you hack them directly into your party? Move them to your box. Then save. Then move them back out.

I vaguely recall someone having issues with getting a Scizor, and apparently it made a difference regarding whether they directly hacked it into their party (without placing into box) then attempted to trade, or hacked into the box first.

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

13 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Did you hack them directly into your party? Move them to your box. Then save. Then move them back out.

I vaguely recall someone having issues with getting a Scizor, and apparently it made a difference regarding whether they directly hacked it into their party (without placing into box) then attempted to trade, or hacked into the box first.

Yeah I did. I will give it a try. Thank you!