Event Flag Editing Help (Gen 3)

PokemonGBAhax

So im trying to get Trade evolved pokemon (Steelix, Slowking, Kingdra, Gorebyss, Milotic) onto a new game of Fire Red.

If I could find encounter codes or get them on Pkhex it would make things easier.

My question is, if i change the event flags so that iv been inducted to the hall of fame, gave myself the ruby and sapphire and warp to one island and talk to celio. Will that give me the national dex? Also if I reset everything afterwards, will it no impact the story?

I'm right at the beginning of the game so can't really test if it will have an effect on the story myself.

Thanks.

Edited by PokemonGBAhax

You don't actually need the national dex to use/have those Pokémon. I recently did a playthrough of Fire Red where I caught Pokémon normally and then changed their species in PKHeX to nat dex mons - stuff like Growlithe into Houndour, Poliwhirl into Politoed, etc. Absolutely nothing in the main story was affected.

The one thing to be aware of is that without the national dex you cannot evolve Pokémon into non-Kanto mons. It stops you the way it would stop Golbat evolving into Crobat, etc. When I wanted to evolve things I would just change their species in PKHeX again to get around the restriction.

Getting the National Dex in FR/LG actually has nothing to do with Celio's sidequest for the Ruby and Sapphire. You do need to be in the Hall of Fame, but you need to have at least 60 Pokemon listed as owned in the Pokedex and you need to have rescued Lostelle from the forest on Three Island.

Generating Gen 2 and 3 Pokemon with PKHeX is pretty much the only way to get them in FR/LG without the National Dex. Trades involving Eggs and any non-Gen 1 Pokemon are blocked (even from other copies of FR/LG) and any attempted evolutions into said Pokemon will fail.