Project Pokémon's New Mascot Poll

Alpha

What should Project Pokémon's new mascot Pokémon be?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What should Project Pokémon's new mascot Pokémon be?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know me too well. Actually, if Suicune is chosen I might just change my avatar to be Lugia.

Yeah, I try to pay attention. ;)

The point is to see IF we should pick the mascot based on reasoning or other things.

That's an excellent point, and perhaps (for those who haven't voted yet) it would be a good idea to add a quick blurb in the first post of this thread explaining that users should vote based on the site's goals and ideals, rather than on a "cool factor" or whatever.

FYI, I also got a bit of an odd vibe from that post SCV, but I knew what you meant. :P

That's an excellent point, and perhaps (for those who haven't voted yet) it would be a good idea to add a quick blurb in the first post of this thread explaining that users should vote based on the site's goals and ideals, rather than on a "cool factor" or whatever.
Well what I was saying was suggestion/support/etc. Were picking the mascot based on the results of the poll and everyone can vote how they please and everyone is free to give their opinion as to how people should decide to vote. Yes I think Suicune is awesome and has been one of my favorite pokemon since gen2 (the others being lugia and houndoom) but after seen the reasoning that you guys gave I changed the way I wanted to vote. If we were going to place rules on how to decide to vote there would be no point in having the poll (as wraith said).
FYI, I also got a bit of an odd vibe from that post SCV, but I knew what you meant. :P
Was is also the last part that Wraith said or the general message?

For these reasons, I encourage everyone to change their vote to Deoxys.

Okay that sounds a lot better ^^

... and seems Deoxys is in the lead all of a sudden (tied with Dragonite atm though, but we'll see... like I said, we have no idea how things will turn out)

Reasoning for stuff... I suppose DRAGONITE is a news delivery thing as seen in the first Pokemon Movie... but then again, the mascot might as well be Pelipper if we were here to bring all sorts of news. DEOXYS however shows how we research a Pokemon's data... hmm, sounds just like us. I haven't changed my vote yet but I am still contemplating.

I recommend Dragonite to those who have not voted yet. It has been seen delivering news, Pokémon: The First Movie, and that is part of what we do. Deoxys, while it may seem logical, could be used for ANY Pokémon fan site. You say Deoxys can represent different aspects of the site. Well, as an example, any other site could use Normal forme for the main page and Attack forme for their forums, etc. You also say Deoxys because it can "morph" it's DNA like what we do sorta do around here. Acually, in technical terms, ANY Pokémon can change their DNA if they are able to evolve. With saying all this, Deoxys isn't as useful as you'd think. We might as well have Castform as a mascot. Also, on a side note, do NOT let moderators, admins, etc. scare you in to voting for Deoxys. You have the full right to vote for whoever you want. ~STBE

Acually, in technical terms, ANY Pokémon can change their DNA if they are able to evolove.

It doesn't change it's D.N.A. nothing that is living can do that. And they alter it by changing form. Give me an example that something ever changed it's D.N.A.

I voted Deoxys, but if we're going into gene/DNA editing, wouldn't mewtwo be just as good a choice?

Thank you. I really value this. :)

If there was Mewtwo I'd definitely vote for him... being my favorite Pokemon and all. And by that logic STBE we may as well be Castform or something with alternate forms. Good thinking.

... and now I feel like playing devil's advocate for both sides.

It doesn't change it's D.N.A. nothing that is living can do that. And they alter it by changing form. Give me an example that something ever changed it's D.N.A.
Evolution in general is all about differences in DNA. Are humans even close to being chimps? I think not. ~STBE
And by that logic SBTE we may as well be Castform or something with alternate forms. Good thinking.
So very true. BTW, it's STBE, not SBTE. ~STBE

I voted Deoxys, but if we're going into gene/DNA editing, wouldn't mewtwo be just as good a choice?

Mewtwo would be good if we were just about making pkm. Mewtwo was made by generic engineering, but he can't actually change anything. He was just made. Just as some people just make pkm. Project Pokémon is a broader concept.

Evolution in general is all about differences in DNA. Are humans even close to being chimps? I think not. ~STBE

Pokemon evolution is very different that real evolution.

And... Deoxys is in the lead... with + 1 ahead of Dragonite! o_o

How easily Suicune fell from grace...

Well Suicune keeps on getting votes. The top three are still pretty close.
As long as it isn't shiny Deoxys I think I'm cool with that. Switch me over, I like the reasoning more than simply enjoying a color scheme. :)
Vote changes need to be made in the thread for vote changes. Saying that here does not count.

Dialga and Latios= epic battle

I voted for Deoxys. The reason was already posted by others so please review other posts too. Though it's a bit sad too say goodbye to Ho-oh and Lugia while HG/SS are still there.

But still it's time to move on.

Go Deoxys!

I honestly don't even know why I keep looking at this thread. We all know Deoxys is going to win just because almost all the moderators and admins voted for it and other members are afraid to go against their wishes. IDK. I guess I'm p!ssed because Dragonite's losing. ~STBE

i don't think that's quite accurate. Unless almost all means more than half of the staff. 7/12 of the staff that has voted has voted for Deoxys, To me that's not almost all. Some, don't agree and have not voted for it, including half the admins and half the Super moderators.

I honestly don't even know why I keep looking at this thread. We all know Deoxys is going to win just because almost all the moderators and admins voted for it and other members are afraid to go against their wishes. IDK. I guess I'm p!ssed because Dragonite's losing. ~STBE

We are here to keep the rules on the front line so to speak. It is not our job to make decisions for you.

=P

If the moderators wanted Deoxys as the mascot. Don't you think this thread would not exist? Its pointless if that was the case. The staff is not forcing anyone to vote for something they are unwilling to vote for. It is entirely made up of the choice of the voters themselves.

Anyways...truth be told...I vote for Suicune. I personally prefer Suicune over both. Come on Suicune...I know you can do it...