Project Pokémon's New Mascot Poll

Alpha

What should Project Pokémon's new mascot Pokémon be?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What should Project Pokémon's new mascot Pokémon be?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would choose either Latios or Suicune, they both look cool and are useful in battle, but the thing is there aren't much artworks of Latios, so it's very hard to find a good artwork of Latios apart from the Sugimori art, while Suicune has plenty of nice artworks. So I choose Suicune

What? No Bag EGG? That's a shame. Dragonite since any veteran here will remember what it was a mascot for. ~STBE

Actually, that's one of the major reasons why I didn't pick Dragonite. This community has changed quite a bit since the "old days", and Dragonite is, in my opinion, representative of the past.

Project Pokémon is meant to be a community site though... I don't think SCV would want to be projected as the "head" of the site. But I'm just spitballin' here....
I missed this before.

You know me too well. Actually, if Suicune is chosen I might just change my avatar to be Lugia.

The stuff about Dragonite representing old times seems correct and everyone should remember (realize) that Project Pokémon has very different goals than pokesav.org had. The Deoxys justifications are good.

Actually, that's one of the major reasons why I didn't pick Dragonite. This community has changed quite a bit since the "old days", and Dragonite is, in my opinion, representative of the past.
True. But Dragonite is still awesome. Why not Tyranitar? It's Johto's Dragonite. Because the site has changed, think of Tyranitar as updated Dragonite. Since HG/SS are out in Japan and coming soon to the US Tyranitar could be a good choice too considering, well, HG/SS takes place in Jotho. If you really do not want to add Tyranitar, I shall stick with Dragonite. ~STBE

I missed this before.

You know me too well. Actually, if Suicune is chosen I might just change my avatar to be Lugia.

The stuff about Dragonite representing old times seems correct and everyone should remember (realize) that Project Pokémon has very different goals than pokesav.org had. The Deoxys justifications are good.

So true.. Actually, I change my vote to Deoxys. I don't think I can change it on the poll but as far as anyone else is concerned(if concerned at all...), my vote is Deoxys. kthxbai | DNA=/= .pkm

I voted Dragonite. Suicune is very well liked but I like Dragonite a lot more. Gen I pokes should be recognized as well as Gen II, III, and IV. Maybe one poke from all for Generations should be in. just a suggestion. Anyways, I voted Dragonite.

~RJFLA

Dragonite, because the NewsBot's avatar is a Dragonite, so it would make sense to have Dragonite as the mascot.

Though I guess it's avatar could be changed at will...

Drago evened up the points?! Emergency! Everyone vote for Suicune!!!

I don't know how Dragonite just usurped Suicune by a storm. We'll have to wait and see who wins (just wait until Sunday). Personally I like both of them so I couldn't really choose. Then I realized how underrated Dragonite is so I picked that friendly orange dragon.

And lol... CuleX gave the most stuck-up explanation for his vote -_-

So far I am loving this unpredictability. I'm going to laugh if Dialga wins... because that just might be possible.

I don't know how Dragonite just usurped Suicune by a storm. We'll have to wait and see who wins (just wait until Sunday). Personally I like both of them so I couldn't really choose. Then I realized how underrated Dragonite is so I picked that friendly orange dragon.

And lol... CuleX gave the most stuck-up explanation for his vote -_-

So far I am loving this unpredictability. I'm going to laugh if Dialga wins... because that just might be possible.

I should have voted for Deoxys... for the reason Guested said. (too lazy to explain myself). That or either 150 for practically the same reason/field.

With the new twist in this process I would like to put in some support for voting or changing your vote to Deoxys. As Guested and Codemonkey argued, Deoxys represents, better than the other options the spirit of Project Pokémon. Suicune does not really have anything to offer as far as symbolism, neither does Dragonite. Representation of the first gen, choosing someone who is underrated or what avatar an admin uses, should have nothing to do with the mascot. We should pick whoever represents our ideals and goals the best. That is, to cover the details (DNA) of how things work in the game as well as make available many or all Forms of Pokémon information. Deoxys would be a very flexible mascot in that we can use the different forms to represent different areas of the community. Or different topics that we cover. For these reasons, I encourage everyone to change their vote to Deoxys.

NOTE: This is not intended to set rules on how everyone should vote, this is my opinion and an explination as to why I changed my vote.

Edited by SCV

With the new twist in this process I would like to put in some support for voting or changing your vote to Deoxys. As Guested and Codemonkey argued, Deoxys represents, better than the other options the spirit of Project Pokémon. Suicune does not really have anything to offer as far as symbolism, neither does Dragonite. Representation of the first gen, choosing someone who is underrated or what avatar an admin uses, should have nothing to do with the mascot. We should pick whoever represents our ideals and goals the best. That is, to cover the details (DNA) of how things work in the game as well as make available many or all Forms of Pokémon information. Deoxys would be a very flexible mascot in that we can use the different forms to represent different areas of the community. Or different topics that we cover. For these reasons, I encourage everyone to change their vote to Deoxys. To those that have not voted, vote for Deoxys, its the option that makes the most sense for us.

To be honest I chose Dragonite because I just didn't see any other Pokemon in the Poll list eligible to be a mascot, now I know this sounds weird but Dragonite, IN MY OPINION should be the mascot because it fits him better than the rest.

I don't think I'm really changing my vote just because you tell me to... that sounds like conformity and you do not really need to cast a vote at all since you are pre-meditating who the real mascot should be. So is there really any point to this poll anymore? I don't know... it looked more like a "vote for your favorite poke" poll before... now it's "EVERYONE VOTE FOR DEOXYS BECAUSE I SAY SO"... which defeats the whole purpose of having this poll.

And Dragonite is a good mascot in my opinion... I don't know why... but I suppose I cannot really let go of Newsbot's Dragonite avatar. But then again, that's highly subjective. Since we already know Deoxys is going to be the mascot... mhh, why bother?

I will agree with the reasoning though for the support for Deoxys... but it's just the "change vote into Deoxys because I say so" aspect that bothers me.

Wraith, my post wasn't a 'change your vote cause I say so', it was to try to convince. Of course, not everyone is going to be convinced and that's fine. The point is to see IF we should pick the mascot based on reasoning or other things. But reasoning can't win if we don't give it. Should I change the tone in my post?

EDIT: Actually, I said at the beginning that it was putting some support for voting for Deoxys. Not an order. Support = reasons which you might or not agree with and you might or not listen to and you might or not act upon.