distributing gen 6 event pokemon online to a friend?

Evan5935

Lets just say I have a working copy of a gen 6 distribution rom installed on my 3ds.  Does anyone know if it is possible to use pretendo or wimmfi or whatever to connect with a friend qnd distribute an event pokemon as if he were actually in the room? We both are on the latest luma and FW 🤔🤷‍♂️

Please let me know if this should be posted in another section! Im new here haha 

Make it work online? No. As far as I know, those distribution ROMs aren’t meant to connect to the internet, so it wouldn’t even bother. Unless you can make your computer look like another DS to it, I doubt it’ll even connect to any other service that makes the network look like a LAN one.

also, obtaining and using distribution ROMs is almost certainly piracy, so it’ll do you good to have discuss it any further :)

I'm not going to say how I got it either way, for safety of this forum, But i was just wondering if it should be any different from using wimmfi (or whatever it is called) to let people battle, pokemon trade, or play other multiplayer games. Or does that function by hijacking the actual online wireless connection, and rerouting it?? 🤔🤷‍♂️

Edited by Evan5935
Fixing mistakes