Saving in a started game (Fire Red)

Xilófono

Well, I started playing Pokémon Fire Red on Visual Boy Advance and I had this error that says that I can't save normally on the game, so I saved the progress though states. I finished the league but, since I can't save my game I can't progress any longer. Even though I fixed the error on a new save file, whenever I load the state it still gives me the same error.

Is there a way I can save my progress or something like that if the game doesn't let me to do it??

Sorry for my bad english btw

5 hours ago, Xilófono said:

When I load the game:

image.png.b137f22d251bd01cc3e8c64761c0be09.png

And when I try to save the game:

image.png.f08c3d17d70a00cb4681c90c7817e8b0.pngimage.png.2f065ba648adf92ebf20c510152c776d.png

This is another save, but in my state I recieve the same error :/

I can’t remember the name of the exact setting off the top of my head, but it appears that VBA don’t think you have a save battery. There’s a setting to avoid that. Probably install the latest VBA you can find too. I’ve not had to deal with that using fresh installs for ages

18 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I can’t remember the name of the exact setting off the top of my head, but it appears that VBA don’t think you have a save battery. There’s a setting to avoid that. Probably install the latest VBA you can find too. I’ve not had to deal with that using fresh installs for ages

I try to save in my state on Visual Boy Advance 2.0.0, which is the most current version I could find, but the same error keeps showing.

It's curious because when I load the game without any state and start a new game, saves normally, but in my state it keeps showing the error.

Try this:
Go to Options > Game Boy Advance > Configure. In the save type tab make sure the save type is either set to automatic or flash and the flash size should be 128K.
You might also check the game overrides tab (per game settings, available when the game is running) and make sure that they are either all set to default, or RTC: enabled, save type: default or flash, save size: 128K, mirroring: default.

12 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

Try this:
Go to Options > Game Boy Advance > Configure. In the save type tab make sure the save type is either set to automatic or flash and the flash size should be 128K.
You might also check the game overrides tab (per game settings, available when the game is running) and make sure that they are either all set to default, or RTC: enabled, save type: default or flash, save size: 128K, mirroring: default.

I tried to do this, but it seems that it isn't working for me :/ (my game is in spanish, but I get the same error)

2022-09-28 21-19-53.mkv