Pokemon Events Pokeball type changes to "normal" pokeball in HOME from BD/SP

Harry7

Hello there!

Recently I noticed that when Event pokemon from previous games are traded in HOME from BD/SP, their type of pokeball always changes to a normal pokeball, is this normal?

In Pkhex and in-game the type of pokeball is correct but when trading in HOME it changes, but this only happens if the pokemon was in BD/SP game.

Thanks 🙂

Hacked data that did not transfer from the game of origin (skipping HOME) will result in HOME not having the original data.

When HOME tries to fetch the original data, there is none, so it defaults to Poké Ball.

Inject data in the earliest game possible, and transfer legitimately if you care about legitimate transfers.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2022 at 9:37 AM, Kaphotics said:

Hacked data that did not transfer from the game of origin (skipping HOME) will result in HOME not having the original data.

When HOME tries to fetch the original data, there is none, so it defaults to Poké Ball.

Inject data in the earliest game possible, and transfer legitimately if you care about legitimate transfers.

Thanks! So I tried to edit pokemon transfered from GO, when I put it back into HOME the pokeball icon disappears. Anything can make this work?

19 minutes ago, XoPoet said:

thanks, so like deoxys or darkrai that cant be injected into SWSH,  it's not gonna work right?

Probably not; if I'm not mistaken, HOME, SWSH, and mons received from GO share the same data partition, which is separate from LGPE, PLA and BDSP.

Normally, a mon from GO -> HOME -> BDSP,
It would (1) first have the HOME/SWSH partition, then clones into the (2) partition and gets it's data modified for use with BDSP.

So if you're injecting from BDSP, you are giving HOME the (2) partition, but noticeably missing the (1) partition. And (2) doesn't clone into (1), hence why the ball goes missing.

• Thanks 1