Changing TID/SID to RNG Shinies

Dusk99

Hello. I'm playing Platinum. I already have a TID/SID for it. I know that you need to start a new game to get a new TID/SID. I was wondering if it is possible to change the TID/SID using PkHex? Normally, I would be against this but I really don't want to start all over just to get a new TID/SID. I already have a perfect Bold/Timid Shiny spread to obtain Uxie, Mespirit, Regice, Heatran, Manaphy, Cresselia, Darkrai, Dialga, Palkia, Shaymin, the bird trio.

I would like a TID/SID to get shiny 5IV Adamant Regirock or Regigigas (Jolly is an option), 5IV Shiny Careful/Impish Registeel, 5IV Adamant/Naughty Giratina, and 5IV/6IV Naive Azelf or Arceus.

If it is possible, how can it be done with PkHex?

Edited by Dusk99

You can change your TID/SID with PKHeX, however doing so would mean you no longer have your old TID/SID and therefore you’d loose your perfect Bold/Timid shiny spreads. With how Gen 4 RNG works iirc I’m pretty sure you can’t get a single TID/SID combo that allows for perfect IV spreads for several natures.

3 hours ago, Scep said:

You can change your TID/SID with PKHeX, however doing so would mean you no longer have your old TID/SID and therefore you’d loose your perfect Bold/Timid shiny spreads. With how Gen 4 RNG works iirc I’m pretty sure you can’t get a single TID/SID combo that allows for perfect IV spreads for several natures.

Wait, what do you mean I'll lose my shiny spread? Explain a bit?

Edited by Dusk99

17 minutes ago, Dusk99 said:

Wait, what do you mean I'll lose my shiny spread? Explain a bit?

The way Gen 4 RNG works, your TID/SID combination determines what Pokémon can and will be generated. If you change that it’ll change the Pokémon that are generated, so if you haven’t caught the Pokémon listed with that perfect Bold/Timid shiny spread and change your TID/SID you’ll no longer be generating that perfect Bold/Timid shiny spread because you no longer have the same TID and SID required to generate it.

45 minutes ago, Scep said:

The way Gen 4 RNG works, your TID/SID combination determines what Pokémon can and will be generated. If you change that it’ll change the Pokémon that are generated, so if you haven’t caught the Pokémon listed with that perfect Bold/Timid shiny spread and change your TID/SID you’ll no longer be generating that perfect Bold/Timid shiny spread because you no longer have the same TID and SID required to generate it.

I see. Well, I have not caught them all yet. If I manage to obtain those specific Pokémon in that shiny spread I currently have for my TID/SID, what happens if I changed it then? Will the Pokémon I RNG'd be affected from the change or will I able to RNG the others in that changed TID/SID without risk?

Excuse me for asking these questions. RNG content is new to me so I'm curious. 

6 minutes ago, Dusk99 said:

I see. Well, I have not caught them all yet. If I manage to obtain those specific Pokémon in that shiny spread I currently have for my TID/SID, what happens if I changed it then? Will the Pokémon I RNG'd be affected from the change or will I able to RNG the others in that changed TID/SID without risk?

Excuse me for asking these questions. RNG content is new to me so I'm curious. 

It won’t matter in terms of the Pokémon if you change your TID/SID after you caught them. However after you change your TID/SID all the Pokémon you previously obtained will be considered outsider Pokémon (ie like if they were obtained from a trade), you can read how it’d affect you here https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Outsider_Pokémon.

No problem for the questions, I’m quite familiar with but only decently knowledgeable on Gen 4 RMG so I would suggest you ask if changing your TID/SID via PKHeX is something that’s recommended in the Pokémon RNG communities (their subreddit and/or discord).

• Thanks 1