Using two consoles questions

AWildRaichu

Hey all, this is my very first post here, so sorry in advance if I do something wrong.

Let's say I have two switches: one is able to run homebrew, the other one is completely vanilla and untouched. Now I want to create Pokemon for the save file on the untouched switch. Is that even possible?

I'm thinking for this I either have to: sign in with the same Nintendo Accounts on both switches, or own two copys of the game so that I can trade the pokemon from the Homebrew Switch to the other one. Both are solutions which I am not too fond of, one for banning reasons and two for money reasons.

Are there other solutions?

Thank you in advance.

You don't need two copies of the game. You can do local savefile transfer between two consoles (this is not the same thing as Cloud Saves, do not use Cloud Saves with edited savefiles.)

Also, if the custom firmware switch does not have anything bannable installed, it can safely go online in Sysnand CFW, so the second console is unnecessary if your reason for having a second untouched switch is so you have "one that can go online."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atrius97 said:

You don't need two copies of the game. You can do local savefile transfer between two consoles (this is not the same thing as Cloud Saves, do not use Cloud Saves with edited savefiles.)

Also, if the custom firmware switch does not have anything bannable installed, it can safely go online in Sysnand CFW, so the second console is unnecessary if your reason for having a second untouched switch is so you have "one that can go online."

Cool I did not know about this feature. Is this possible using two different nintendo switch accounts or should I log in to the CFW switch with my regular account that I also use on the non modified switch?

^ that. 
you gotta use a same Nintendo account.

Using the same local transfer feature, you can share your account local wirelessly to the other Switch. Make sure to go for the option that retains the profile on your 1st Switch. This way, you’ll legitimately have the same profile on both Switches.

You can start the process by pressing the (+) on user profile selection menu when you start a game.

• Like 1