New to PkHex, need some clarification

yoshadoo

So I wanted to create a Kyogre set for a rain team and decided to try PkHex, but I do need some advice on some things:

1: What does 'Battle Version not in expected range' mean? I've tried to solve it but no luck

2: Why can't I add Toxic to Kyogre? It says it's invalid even though Kyogre's been able to run it since Gen 3.

Thanks for any help!

tf.PNG

what.PNG

1 hour ago, yoshadoo said:

So I wanted to create a Kyogre set for a rain team and decided to try PkHex, but I do need some advice on some things:

1: What does 'Battle Version not in expected range' mean? I've tried to solve it but no luck

2: Why can't I add Toxic to Kyogre? It says it's invalid even though Kyogre's been able to run it since Gen 3.

Thanks for any help!

tf.PNG

what.PNG

To answer your questions in order:

1) Battle Version are for and can only be set to Pokémon not from a gen 8 game. As well as of writing this the only valid Battle Versions are Sword and Shield. The purpose of Battle Version is to allow Pokémon from older games to partake in Ranked Battles, but it’ll wipe all of the known moves from the Pokémon which means it can only learn moves that the Pokémon can learn in gen 8.

2) It depends on multiple things, but first and foremost Toxic isn’t a TM or TR in Sword and Shield. If you set the Battle Version on Kyoger it will no longer be able to know Toxic since all of its moves got wiped and it can now only learn moves available in Sword and Shield. The other thing that could be preventing it from learning Toxic is if it was obtained from a gen 8 game which means it can only learn the moves it would learn in Sword and Shield which Toxic isn’t one of those moves.