I've read few topics where it was stated that it is possible to link CFW and OFW (emunand and sysnand). Is there anywhere a guide how to do that?
If it is just a bug and not a feature then I have another question. I modchiped my switch just to run some save editing in pokemon. Nothing really big. I wanna just edit few files to adjust a couple of mons that I already have. Is installing cfw on sysnand safe to use online? I wanna just use a checkpoint or JKSV. I saw some topics where it was claimed to do that way and not really worry about it and the other where it was said to not go online, ever.

If it's not possible to make that - is there a way to enable cfw on sysnand and then disable it and go back to ofw and go full legit and online? I suspect if I take nand backup before cfw then enable it and then restore backup thhen my save file gonna be reversed to original form.
I have no knowledge on modding the switch. I managed to do that with 3ds but it was way easier and less convoluted.

Have a nice day and thank you, sorry for taking your time,

SJLS

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

It’s a bug. As long as you don’t pirate stuff and install nonsense it should be safe using CFW online, so you won’t have to worry about linking.

I’ve been on CFW-only + online for years…

okay so I have to install Atmosphere on sysNAND, right?
Do I have to block Nintendo Servers? hosts/default.txt?
I assume you used jksv or checkpoint, right? Which one did you use?

I dont want to pirate games or cheat online or inject dens or anything. I would love to inject one wonder card record and adjust some mons (drop IVs actually).

22 minutes ago, SiergiejLS said:

okay so I have to install Atmosphere on sysNAND, right?
Do I have to block Nintendo Servers? hosts/default.txt?
I assume you used jksv or checkpoint, right? Which one did you use?

I dont want to pirate games or cheat online or inject dens or anything. I would love to inject one wonder card record and adjust some mons (drop IVs actually).

You can load it in Emunand if you prefer. I’m CFW + Sysnand + online.

I don’t block Nintendo servers, cause I use them.

I used both at some time or another. I’m unsure which one I’m using right now; I’m assuming Checkpoint.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

You can load it in Emunand if you prefer. I’m CFW + Sysnand + online.

I don’t block Nintendo servers, cause I use them.

I used both at some time or another. I’m unsure which one I’m using right now; I’m assuming Checkpoint.

I would prefer Emunand but I really wanna use it only for save editing so then I have to move the save to emunand and back to sysnand after everything. I guess I will do your way. I have no idea how to link the saves.

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

You aren’t supposed to link the saves. You can try by updating the Sysnand firmware to the latest (that can use CFW), then make Emunand based on your existing Sysnand. Use the same user profile on both nands.

I think I will install cfw on sysnand (with blocked Nintendo servers) then edit it with checkpoint and then reboot to OFW.

Thanks for the help ^^

2 hours ago, SiergiejLS said:

I think I will install cfw on sysnand (with blocked Nintendo servers) then edit it with checkpoint and then reboot to OFW.

Thanks for the help ^^

If you do all that, it’s OFW on Sysnand and CFW on Sysnand. It’s both Sysnand. You won’t have to worry about linking at all..

6 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

If you do all that, it’s OFW on Sysnand and CFW on Sysnand. It’s both Sysnand. You won’t have to worry about linking at all..

I am aware but thanks for confirming it ^^
One more question. Did you ever add wonder card record and then go online? Is it safe to add past record to existing save?

1 hour ago, SiergiejLS said:

I am aware but thanks for confirming it ^^
One more question. Did you ever add wonder card record and then go online? Is it safe to add past record to existing save?

Presently no save - wonder record verification in place has been observed.