CHANNEL Jirachi PID for specific IVs (Pokemon Rescue) ✔️

This is a legitimate CHANNEL Jirachi that was transferred to a flashcard, and has been sitting in a lost hard drive for 15 years. As a kid i tried to turn it shiny with pokesav which messed up its PID, but it still retains IVs, secret ID, and everything else. Now that I found it, I'm trying to restore its PID so I can transfer it to modern games, but after trying RNG Reporter I only got a weird all-numbers PID that doesn't check out in PKHex. How can I do it? Is there a way?

This is the Jirachi:

385 - JIRACHI - 1D90B56E9790.pk4

Edited by pokemontourist

A Docile Jirachi with 31/12/24/27/13/3 IVs is not possible with CHANNEL method (at least in my testing). I found Impish, Modest, Adamant, Quiet, Lax, Gentle and Calm. If you care about it being legit you're better off getting a new one.

Edited by jacksonf
  • Like 1

...Strange. So that's why I couldn't get it to work? Those are the unaltered IVs it came with from gen3, and I do remember it being docile nature back then.

I've read that CHANNEL Jirachi PID generation is specially complicated and even unknown to some extent... could this be a corner case? If that's it, what a special Jirachi this one turned out to be.

At the very least, I would like for it to retain its nature and characteristic, so it's genuinely still the same Jirachi no matter what, so I can try to add or remove 1 IV to see if I get a PID that checks out.

But it's a huge bummer that after miraculously surviving so many years, I have to modify it to bring it forward the current generation...

19 minutes ago, pokemontourist said:

Adding a bit to what they said, the IV to PID from Pokéfinder doesn't show your specific SID in any of the possible Channel PIDs. Any chance you have any other mon alongside the Jirachi to see if the current SID is the original?

• Speechless 1

What do you mean? A CHANNEL Jirachi's PID isn't generated when you get it, exclusive to itself? Do you mean pokemon from the game it generated into/was sent to?

If you mean that maybe Jirachi's got other pokemon's SID by mistake, I checked a lot of the pokemon from the save and none seems to have a similar one. I'll go over all of their SIDs and see if I can confirm.

Edited by pokemontourist

I thought of something, back then the only edit I did to IVs was 31-ing all of them, so maybe the HP IV isn't the original? I looked it up and I got only one legal spread for docile with all of the IVs intact but HP and is 15/12/24/27/26/3... maybe this is the actual IV spread it had? That special defense IV of 13 may be a badly typed 31? 🤔

...A docile CHANNEL Jirachi with 12 attack, 24 defense, 27 special attack and 3 speed IVs aslo existing seems like too much of a coincidence.

Weird thing is that I tried to put these IVs into PkHex, with their correspondent PID, just to try it out, and it doesn't check out I don't know why. Something to do with the Jirachi's SID? I have no idea how to check for valid SIDs for CHANNEL Jirachi. This pokemon has extra steps!

1 hour ago, Desmondcsz said:

Adding a bit to what they said, the IV to PID from Pokéfinder doesn't show your specific SID in any of the possible Channel PIDs. Any chance you have any other mon alongside the Jirachi to see if the current SID is the original?

Ok, I checked all of them and Jirachi's SID is indeed unique. However, It does share the last 2 numbers with the OT of the game Jirachi is in (96), but it should be coincidental. In the rare chance that I tried to type in the same one and I started by the end, and never finished doing it, I guess those 2 numbers or the SID itself may be unauthentic.

1 hour ago, jacksonf said:

SID is always different for Jirachi afaik. This is the closest I could get, some things are different but it's legal:

385 - JIRACHI - 2B0987082187.pk4 236 B · 0 downloads

I see... the gesture is highly appreciated! So the SID, OT gender and IVs are different, but it is legal while being docile and retaining the same characteristic. How did you generate the SID?

Edited by pokemontourist

1 hour ago, pokemontourist said:

How did you generate the SID?

Using IVs to PID search, select your desired nature and write the CHANNEL's TID. At the end column you can see the corresponding SID. And if it gets flagged as illegal, try changing OT gender.

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

So RNG Reporter is outdated? Alright, I'll try the new one.

About the nature, just tested it and pokesav doesn't change it, even if it changes the PID. It just makes the pokemon illegal (sometimes legal too, not the case of Jirachi). It must take the nature into account when it generates a new PID.

About the IVs and the nature of the Jirachi, I just put them in Pokefinder and got this result:990052146_Screenshot2022-07-08123025.png.09bddf912284df7030e096383e3da8b9.png

If I change the PID and SID to this one, would it check out? EDIT: Ok, just found out it has to specifically say "Channel" lol, because I read that CHANNEL Jirachis were generated with the Reverse Method 1 I thought it was the right one.

Well!! I did it!! My Jirachi checked out just now! I came to the conclusion that I did edit the HP IV, as it was a 31. When I searched for a docile CHANNEL Jirachi that had all the original IVs except the HP, there was only 1 result!! This must be it... after 15 years, not only did the Jirachi appear, but it has been restored to its original self! Don't know when the SID may have been modified or corrupted, but if one of you said that it's impossible to have a CHANNEL Jirachi with that SID, it must be true.

Thank you each and every one of you! I couldn't have done it without you! My icey Jirachi says THANK YOU too, for rescuing it!

jirachi-pokemon.gif.bb4dec938d16f3f641b7e90a74e5a621.gif

Edited by pokemontourist
  • Like 1

1) Pokegen is outdated
2) You probably had it set to Gen 5.
3) You're wrong about nature being independent from PID in Gen 3.

image.png

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Personality_value

image.png

Gen 3 Nature is absolutely determined by PID.

I'm glad you got a Jirachi either way, but I'm hoping you didn't stick to the original nature (if you intended to make it to be one like the original), because the nature is almost definitely changed. There's probably only a 1/25 chance that it didn't change.

Ah, no no, I didn't mean to say it wasn't determined. It is! Just like you said 👍

I meant to say that, pokesav, just re-rolls the PID while taking into account/incorporating the nature, just like PkHex. But it's flawed, so many times the poke is illegal, at least when shininess or legendaries are involved. It's a very old program so it makes sense.

Edited by pokemontourist

• pokemontourist changed the title to CHANNEL Jirachi PID for specific IVs (Pokemon Rescue) ✔️