Legal Shiny Mew being flagged Illegal upon transfer

JustAnotherPokegeek

I Obtained a legal Shiny Mew in Pokemon Crystal through pkhex, but upon transfering it automatically gets flagged as illegal while my Shiny Celebi which I acquired the same way dosn't get flagged as illegal. Any Ideas?

illegality reasons as shown by PKhex:

Unable to match to a Mystery gift in Database

Fateful Encounter shouldn't be checked

Fateful Encounter with no matching enounter. Has the mystery gift data been contributed?

But in the encounter Database of pkhex it showed a Shiny Mew of Crystal version so I took it.

The shiny Mew I got from pkhex database seems to be legal in Pokemon crystal but illegal in Usum.

If I am wrong, plz, is there other way to get a legal Shiny mew through pkhex? And how to? 

Edited by JustAnotherPokegeek
Grammar

Shiny Mew for Crystal is for non VC.
Maybe the save you were using weren't called sav.dat?

I'm not sure how Encounter Database interacts with VC/non-VC save identification.

There's only 2 legal shiny Mew that can be transferred up at the moment:
1. Shiny Mew from Japanese Emerald (caught via Old Sea Map at Faraway Island)
2. Shiny Mew from Pokemon GO Master Research.

8 hours ago, JustAnotherPokegeek said:

If I am wrong, plz, is there other way to get a legal Shiny mew through pkhex? And how to? 

There are only two legal Shiny Mew that can exist outside of physical cartridge copies of Gen 1/2:

1. Japanese Emerald players who obtained the Old Sea Map event item were allowed access to Faraway Island, the Mew there was not shiny locked and could be shiny hunted.
  2. Pokémon GO gave a Shiny Mew to players who completed an event. (Shiny Mew Masterwork Research)

The PCNY Shiny Mew that was available in Gen 1/2 was exclusively available in Gen 1/2, it cannot be moved out of those games, as no legitimate method exists to transfer Pokémon from Gen 1/2 cartridges to Gen 3 through 8.

You can use the encounter database to obtain either Mew, although for the Japanese Emerald Mew, you will also have to look at the PID Mismatch guide to change the stats, or make it shiny (That Mew is Gen 3, and uses Method 1 RNG):

Thank you so much!

I got the Pokemon go Shiny mew and now I'm trying to make the mew I caught in Emerald Shiny. I'm gonna look at the PID mismatch guide you provided, thanks again guys.

Also do you guys know any other rare Shinies like Mew and celebi? I am gonna try getting them through PKhex.

Edit: Got the Emerald Shiny Mew and Shiny Deoxys :)

Now just need to search how to get Jirachi and Manaphy.

Edited by JustAnotherPokegeek

2 hours ago, JustAnotherPokegeek said:

Thank you so much!

I got the Pokemon go Shiny mew and now I'm trying to make the mew I caught in Emerald Shiny. I'm gonna look at the PID mismatch guide you provided, thanks again guys.

Also do you guys know any other rare Shinies like Mew and celebi? I am gonna try getting them through PKhex.

Edit: Got the Emerald Shiny Mew and Shiny Deoxys :)

Now just need to search how to get Jirachi and Manaphy.

If you're looking into information for shiny mythicals: