Legal EV spreed

Otaku_user

I know that the max EV a Pokémon can get is 510 as why the Randomize EVs button gives out 510. But can any Pokémon at any level get max EVs? I’m currently making a living dex and making Pokémon at random levels. For example, can a LV.10 Totodile and a Lv.100 Feraligatr have a max EV spread of 510 or does it have to be 508?

Edited by Otaku_user

9 hours ago, Otaku_user said:

I know that the max EV a Pokémon can get is 510 as why the Randomize EVs button gives out 510. But can any Pokémon at any level get max EVs? I’m currently making a living dex and making Pokémon at random levels. For example, can a LV.10 Totodile and a Lv.100 Feraligatr have a max EV spread of 510 or does it have to be 508?

Should be possible yeah. If you use Vitamins in Gen 3-7, you can give up to 100 EVs on every stat, so that leaves you with 500 total and then you could quickly farm a couple of encounters to get the last 10.

Gen 5 introduced feathers/wings which do not have any limit but only give 1 EV, so you could do Vitamins until 100 EVs in general, then use 10 feathers on your mon to get them to 510. Or if you're crazy enough you could use 100+ feathers/wings if you want to max out one or two stats.

• Thanks 1