Is unlocking Mystery Gift events like Shaymin for BDSP illegal?

MrKnytt

The title says it all. 

My save has existed since prerelase, and I had transferred my stuff from BD to SP and it worked just fine until 1.3.0. I figured out what was breaking it and can play just fine now, but I'm wondering if I can just unlock them in my game without getting banned online. I want to be able to use this save for Home, so staying as legal as possible (aside from switching versions, yes that's dumb I know), is important to me. 

On 6/16/2022 at 10:05 PM, Desmondcsz said:

Not really. I mean you'd be obtaining the event mon just like how it was obtained through the event so there isn't going to be anything wrong with the Pokémon itself or anything like that.

If this is true, then is there anything ingame that can be detected if played offline, aside from a dirty SysNAND (I'm doing a thing that allows me to run custom save without homebrew after transferring them from another switch via HacDiskMount), like 999 Master Balls or 10 slots full of 999 Rare Candies? I'm more worried about the company scrubbing over the whole save somehow while I'm online and finding suspicous edits. 

At this point you can save your time and use an homebrew save manager directly in your sysnand. It's not running homebrews that will dirt your nand, unless you install an homebrew or use an autoinstaller to have the hb into the Switch Home Menu.

Anyways, save editings on Pokémon games are fine, just make sure to not make impossibile editings. To an instance, having 999x of an available item would be reachable through trading. If you're going to generate mons with PKHeX or other third party software, be sure to gen only legal stuff. Do not gen stuff that is supposed to come from another game of origin.