There's a chance to import Battle ruleset data on a save file using PKHEX?Are these files located in the game or saved on the swtitch when downloaded?

RedOrb Sapphire

As the title say,I was curious on trying to use downloadable content(in this case battle ruleset GF release sometimes for some online events)
My question was if that's possible to do with an emulator with a copy of the game and adding these file in some way to be able to use them in local communications
I know it's an unusual request,bc we're not talking about wcs or .pk8 but I was interested if currently there's a way to take these files and import them with pkhex changing some settings
*This could be useful also when talking about an hacked switch without internet access(to avoid ban or something else)and a vanilla switch so they communicate each other

Edited by RedOrb Sapphire

13 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

The files aren’t stored in PKHeX. You gotta export and import the blocks from your own save.

Also, you I don’t think you can use it for local if your opponent doesn’t have the ruleset? I’m unsure about this part.

Ok as I though this content is not stored directly in the save but is an external source taken from the switch directory.
Iirr before I was wrong bc basically if one of the two players has a ruleset the other guy hasn't stored they can play anyway if the other player decide the ruleset for both.
Last but not less important thing : if there's a chance  to export them and then place through the use of blocks with pkhex,do we know where these files could be placed in the storage?Meanwhile I'll try to explore my sdcard  checking for some familiar files trying to recognize the correct directory

56 minutes ago, RedOrb Sapphire said:

Ok as I though this content is not stored directly in the save but is an external source taken from the switch directory.
Iirr before I was wrong bc basically if one of the two players has a ruleset the other guy hasn't stored they can play anyway if the other player decide the ruleset for both.
Last but not less important thing : if there's a chance  to export them and then place through the use of blocks with pkhex,do we know where these files could be placed in the storage?Meanwhile I'll try to explore my sdcard  checking for some familiar files trying to recognize the correct directory

It's stored inside the save. Not anywhere in your SD card, it's exactly in your save.

Should be these.

image.png

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 12:48 PM, theSLAYER said:

It's stored inside the save. Not anywhere in your SD card, it's exactly in your save.

Should be these.

image.png

Thank you for the answer,I was unsure about that but now there's not doubt they're saved inside the save!
Yeah it's them for sure because they are called exactly as in the in-game ruleset selection screen when opening the game
I'll try to use them when dumping the save.
Can these blocks be used in another save taking them from the target sorgent?Or are blocked where they're located?I'm not familiar with this function of the program and so I was thinking how "copy and paste"them

17 minutes ago, RedOrb Sapphire said:

Thank you for the answer,I was unsure about that but now there's not doubt they're saved inside the save!
Yeah it's them for sure because they are called exactly as in the in-game ruleset selection screen when opening the game
I'll try to use them when dumping the save.
Can these blocks be used in another save taking them from the target sorgent?Or are blocked where they're located?I'm not familiar with this function of the program and so I was thinking how "copy and paste"them

Do I have to click on export current block and then click on import from folder and select the wanted file right?