Can't open old Pokemon Emerald save file and save states (64 bit) need HELP

RemRem

Hey I found some old CDs and I think I have my 1st save file ever for Pokemon Emerald but I can"t open it , I need some help convert it or something like that.

If anyone can help me somehow I'll attach the file here.

Thank you

GBA Save's.rar

Edited by RemRem

7 hours ago, RemRem said:

Hey I found some old CDs and I think I have my 1st save file ever for Pokemon Emerald but I can"t open it , I need some help convert it or something like that.

If anyone can help me somehow I'll attach the file here.

Thank you

I'm not a mod, but I suggest you delete your attached file since it contains ROMs and those are not allowed to be uploaded to this forum.

One way to fix your saves is to use VBA-M: https://github.com/visualboyadvance-m/visualboyadvance-m/releases

Download the emulator and on the menu select: Options > Emulator > Save Type and change this to Flash 128k.

Now name the save you wish to fix the same as your rom, example: Emerald.gba and Emerald.sav and ensure these are in the same folder.

Load the Emerald rom in VBA-M, continue the game and save. If you look at the save again it will now be 128k and work fine with PKHeX.

(You should be able to load your save state also, save in game and Emerald.sav will be a 128k save of that save state)

Edited by InsaneNutter
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 9:45 AM, InsaneNutter said:

One way to fix your saves is to use VBA-M: https://github.com/visualboyadvance-m/visualboyadvance-m/releases

Download the emulator and on the menu select: Options > Emulator > Save Type and change this to Flash 128k.

Now name the save you wish to fix the same as your rom, example: Emerald.gba and Emerald.sav and ensure these are in the same folder.

Load the Emerald rom in VBA-M, continue the game and save. If you look at the save again it will now be 128k and work fine with PKHeX.

(You should be able to load your save state also, save in game and Emerald.sav will be a 128k save of that save state)

I tried, it doesn't work, or I did something wrong