Pokemon from HOME to PLA are seen as invalid?

GamerXZ001

So I pulled up PKHex for a playthrough after getting some Pokemon from SwSh and the new HOME mystery gifts over to PLA and I noticed all of them are tagged as invalid. It's weird because I know for a FACT that all of the Pokemon I sent are 100% legal AND legit, I hatched the non Mystery Gift ones myself and the Mystery Gifts were from the current HOME one so none were hacked in. Is there any explanation to this? I have the picture of the main errors but idk how to post that (my first post here)

But examples include exactly these

Relearn Move 1: Expected no Relearn move in slot

Unable to match to a Mystery Gift in the data base (MG mon obviously)

Encryption Constant matches PID

OT Name too long

Invalid Ribbons: Classic

Fateful Encounter should not be checked

Pokemon HOME transfer tracker should be 0

Moves: (Insert Move Here) (Base Egg Move)

Incorrectly transferred from previous generation (But they're all from Gen 8 though?????)

I might have missed some but that's what I got. Is there any way to fix any of these? Are these technically hacked Pokemon even though they're not? Thanks in advance.

Gee, it's as tho PKHeX stable build hasn't updated to account for the HOME update... /j

Jokes aside, in case you're not aware, the current stable build of PKHeX was released *before* the HOME 2.0.0 update was released. PKHeX has the date written in the app window, so that may be a clue in the future. For now, wait patiently for support to come :3

29 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Gee, it's as tho PKHeX stable build hasn't updated to account for the HOME update... /j

Jokes aside, in case you're not aware, the current stable build of PKHeX was released *before* the HOME 2.0.0 update was released. PKHeX has the date written in the app window, so that may be a clue in the future. For now, wait patiently for support to come :3

OHHHHHHH Ok, thank you. I'm sorry, that was a dumb question then. So then is it ok to still play with those Pokemon and still mod them, or should I wait to at least do the latter after the update? Or am I just overthinking it?

Thanks so much for the answer though, I wasn't aware of that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GamerXZ001 said:

OHHHHHHH Ok, thank you. I'm sorry, that was a dumb question then. So then is it ok to still play with those Pokemon and still mod them, or should I wait to at least do the latter after the update? Or am I just overthinking it?

Thanks so much for the answer though, I wasn't aware of that.

There's a few things you wanna consider if you wanna edit them after transferring them.
If you're just transferring with no edits then it's all gucci.

Following this thread, since I sent my very first starter Pokemon (all the way from Platinum, back in 2009), to Home, then BDSP, then PKHex and now it's invalid (PID isn't registering for some reason). 100% a legit mon, just a very old one. Super stressed about this since it holds a lot of personal value to me.

Anyone know when the new builds usually come out by the way?

So just checking, I used a bot that's designed with the current version of PKHex to create a pb8 file of the Pokemon I transferred from HOME. After the PKHex update comes through, would that same pb8 file still be readable by a newer version of PKHex?

Don't save any transferred Pokémon in BDSP with Pkhex after viewing it, even if you don't edit anything. It will mess up their met location (at least the PLA ones) and show up as hatched in a regular Pokéball.

2 hours ago, Sozoe said:

Don't save any transferred Pokémon in BDSP with Pkhex after viewing it, even if you don't edit anything. It will mess up their met location (at least the PLA ones) and show up as hatched in a regular Pokéball.

Yeah, until the update to deal with HOME support is added into stable PKHeX, keep in mind it’ll sanitise stuff that it thinks it flagrantly illegal (at the point it was corrected), such as Ball IDs that are above the then known limit.

On 5/31/2022 at 7:40 AM, theSLAYER said:

Yeah, until the update to deal with HOME support is added into stable PKHeX, keep in mind it’ll sanitise stuff that it thinks it flagrantly illegal (at the point it was corrected), such as Ball IDs that are above the then known limit.

Yeah because I was getting the egg in a pokeball error for my starter. So there's hope that the updated PKHex should be able to read legit Pokemon, even if they're showing up with weird illegal features?

On 5/30/2022 at 6:01 AM, theSLAYER said:

Yes but I won’t necessarily recommend it, as home tracks a ton of info.

If you have to read up my thread HOME tracker. Post in question should be my latest post

Thanks. A bit confused about this though. My current mon has a HOME tracker number. What does that mean exactly?