Emulator Help Concerning PKHeX Needed!

Hello!
So for about a few months now I have been using DeSmuME to play some DS Pokemon games. However, because I've been using DeSmuME I have been using PokeGen as a save editor. This has been suboptimal as there are some features on PKHeX that I really would like access to, but can't because of DeSmuME save file restrictions (unless someone knows how to make my save files from DeSmuME compatible with PKHeX). Therefore, I was wondering what everyone's opinon was on an emulator that I should switch to that is easily compatible with PKHeX (unless there is a solution for my issue as my save files are all .dst). Thank you!

1 hour ago, leytonnn said:

I've been using desmume with Pkhex for over a year and have never had this issue, nor do I have any .dst files (closest being .ds1 to 9 from save states). Did you change any settings or anything in desmume?

19 minutes ago, Desmondcsz said:

I've been using desmume with Pkhex for over a year and have never had this issue, nor do I have any .dst files (closest being .ds1 to 9 from save states). Did you change any settings or anything in desmume?

I don’t believe so? Maybe it’s because I’m on the latest version of DeSmuME and it now saves like that I’m not sure…