Bringing old Event Mons into Bank->Home

What events/roms have people been successful with moving them all the way up to newer generations?

I've been successful with most of the mons from the H4G PYNC event, but I'm looking at trying the Spaceworld Mew next.

The lack of Japanese/English compatiblity seems like its going to become an issue, any ideas on making it work?

I assume they are talking about this Space World Mew that was distributed to RGB in 1999 https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Japanese_event_Pokémon_distributions_(Generation_I)#Nintendo_Space_World_.2799_Mew

On 5/18/2022 at 4:47 PM, CaptainBen10 said:

What events/roms have people been successful with moving them all the way up to newer generations?

Most events from Gen 3 and up should be able to successfully be brought to newer generations.

However Event Pokemon that were distributed to the original cartridge versions of Gen 1 & 2, like that Mew, are stuck there forever. They were never able to migrate to any newer generation since there has never been an official way to transfer them up.
While it is possible to get Pokemon from the Virtual Console re-releases of Gen 1 & 2 into Gen 7 and up, it still lacks an official way to interact between cartridge and VC versions. So those Pokemon will always be illegal in newer generations.
Some Pokemon like the PCNY might look legal because they don't really differ from Pokemon that were caught in the wild.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...