Cannot load up soul sliver file "invalid save file loaded aborting"

kokokohan

It's a fake soul sliver that I'm trying to see if I would be able to transfer pokemon. pksm didnt work and nethier does pkhex which was literally my last resort. I am using checkpoint for it and works fine with my ultra sun but not my soul sliver. Any help?

Looking more at the save file it says last edited 2034??? Is it just legit the cartridge and should I try and seek to get another one? 

POKEMON SS.sav

Edited by kokokohan
more info to add

So looking more into it just seems like the cart itself. I tried to use another backup thingy called twl and that still didnt work. In another thread it said to change the file just by changing the name it still is read but doesn't seem to even work regardless. I wanted to see if resetting the actual save worked but I also have no idea if that would work cause if it is the cart then idk.  

2 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Open it in a hex editor; you'll see strings like "P�o�k�é�m�o�n� �U�l�t�r�a� �S�u�n" which imply it is not a valid dump.

ahhh i see that, I'm confused on why it says ultra sun when I directly pulled it from a soul sliver file. Is there any way to solve this issue?

Edited by kokokohan

So I redid the save read it and it doesnt have the "ultra sun" I have no idea why that was present in the first one because I took it directly from the cart of my soul sliver and my ultra sun is downloaded onto my sd. But it still doesn't seem to work with pkhex regardless.

POKEMON SS.sav

1 hour ago, kokokohan said:

So I redid the save read it and it doesnt have the "ultra sun" I have no idea why that was present in the first one because I took it directly from the cart of my soul sliver and my ultra sun is downloaded onto my sd. But it still doesn't seem to work with pkhex regardless.

POKEMON SS.sav 512 kB · 3 downloads

The file is completely empty.

28 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

The file is completely empty.

I mean I have a pokemon both in my team and box, if to be something on there I'd need to go deeper in the game I'll try that and then check again with a hex editor myself but idk what else. Struggling to find an once of what to do and a bummer cause I was hoping to play this and have a safe haven that being the ability to transfer pokemon to later games.

Just now, kokokohan said:

I mean I have a pokemon both in my team and box, if to be something on there I'd need to go deeper in the game I'll try that and then check again with a hex editor myself but idk what else. Struggling to find an once of what to do and a bummer cause I was hoping to play this and have a safe haven that being the ability to transfer pokemon to later games.

The save is entirely empty. That means you did not dump a save. It was nothing.
Even a file with no party and PC but has started the game has something.

Check your dumping methods, try alternatives.

23 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

The save is entirely empty. That means you did not dump a save. It was nothing.
Even a file with no party and PC but has started the game has something.

Check your dumping methods, try alternatives.

I had used checkpoint with and both with ultra sun, ultra sun worked fine with that method. The first "save" being the one with "ultra sun" was from the SS cart. I mean the file is named Pokemon SS so I dont know how it had ultra sun in it and it was taken from the SS folder. I had tried another method that was using twl and yet still all my saves didnt work. I can try another method that's NDS/DSi tool but looking at the save file for twl its blank just like the most recent one linked before. So :/, my guess is that the cart just cant be read by anything due to it being a repro?

2 minutes ago, kokokohan said:

I had used checkpoint with and both with ultra sun, ultra sun worked fine with that method. The first "save" being the one with "ultra sun" was from the SS cart. I mean the file is named Pokemon SS so I dont know how it had ultra sun in it and it was taken from the SS folder. I had tried another method that was using twl and yet still all my saves didnt work. I can try another method that's NDS/DSi tool but looking at the save file for twl its blank just like the most recent one linked before. So :/, my guess is that the cart just cant be read by anything due to it being a repro?

yeah try checking if it is a repro

Just now, theSLAYER said:

yeah try checking if it is a repro

It is a repro I know that for a fact. I got it off ebay for 20$ with the focus of being able to transfer with a method like this. If there's nothing to do past this point its okay. I appreciate the help with this tedious process.

7 hours ago, kokokohan said:

It is a repro I know that for a fact. I got it off ebay for 20$ with the focus of being able to transfer with a method like this. If there's nothing to do past this point its okay. I appreciate the help with this tedious process.

If all you want is getting your Pokemon to others games, trading them to legit cartridges is normally something you can do, if that can help.

50 minutes ago, Soul DS said:

If all you want is getting your Pokemon to others games, trading them to legit cartridges is normally something you can do, if that can help.

It doesn't work for me, or transferring from 4 to 5 doesn't work, I don't have another gen 4 legit copy but I doubt with all the issues normal trading would work.

57 minutes ago, kokokohan said:

It doesn't work for me, or transferring from 4 to 5 doesn't work,

Transfer from Gen 4 to Gen 5 not working is something that was predictable, since Gen 5 try to read a specific bunch of data from the repro cartridge that doesn't have correct data to the said place.

I don't have another gen 4 legit copy but I doubt with all the issues normal trading would work.

Trading from a repro cart to an authentic cart should not be a problem, since the repro cart manage the save itself during the trade instead of another game who does not know the odd placement of the save.

Trading to another person with an authentic copy using an unofficial online like Wiimfi and then resending these per file or per game could also be a solution.

4 minutes ago, Soul DS said:

Trading to another person with an authentic copy using an unofficial online like Wiimfi and then resending these per file or per game could also be a solution.

I would try that but at the same time I would have no idea who to try this with. But if I really plan on transferring I might just remake them one by one with the ones I want to keep. Mostly for the shinnies I may plan on hunting.  It seems easy enough with the right tools and is a single person job and seems tedious but all I have for right now with this repro cart. I appreciate with the help and if I find someone to try this with I'll see if it works.

26 minutes ago, kokokohan said:

But if I really plan on transferring I might just remake them one by one with the ones I want to keep. Mostly for the shinnies I may plan on hunting. It seems easy enough with the right tools and is a single person job and seems tedious but all I have for right now with this repro cart.

Remaking them could be a way, but since knowing PID, SID and IV are something that can't be know without hacking (or using very tedious ways), these copies might not be completely exact.

I would try that but at the same time I would have no idea who to try this with. I appreciate with the help and if I find someone to try this with I'll see if it works.

Guess I'm available for doing that if you want.

9 hours ago, Soul DS said:

Guess I'm available for doing that if you want.

I mostly wanted the option to transfer for a much later use because I'd like to shiny hunt on SS and just if later If I feel like I want to pass them onto another game but again I appreciate the offer to help. Annoying to have to go through tedious ways since pokemon ds games are so expensive now lol

• Like 1