[Colo] How game acts in a very specific circumstance

darthnexus07

As the title states.

I am trying to locate any documentation on how Colosseum acts when, if the TID/SID of the trainer produces a female starter (In my specific case, Espeon.)

Another user was able to help me re-create the save file, but was the one who presented me this issue. For the life of me, I cant fins ANY documentation anywhere on how the game handles this.

I'm at a loss on how to go about this, and uncertain if this will cause problems if I were to try and migrate the Espeon into future games (if It doesn't get stopped at PokéTransporter, that is.)

I am not very well versed in this kind of stuff, but am always willing to learn. If someone can take a crack at finding what the game does when it gets a female Espeon PID - I have included the recreation save file provided. There is a link above to my original forum post about getting this save file, and includes what I used to find my TID/SID.

Any help on this (or better, an explanation on how to do this stuff) would be extremely appreciated!

Recreation.gci

Not exactly what you're asking here but out of curiosity, is there any chance that your SID was edited for some reason?

EYY You're the guy that helped me before!

To answer your question, I don't think so. I didn't have the ability to even see the SID until after the Tropius I pulled the TID/SID from was already into my copy of Ultra Sun. I did recently analyze my old Pokémon Battle Revolution save data in PK Hex (didn't know that was even supported in PK hex!) and was able to find several more Pokémon from that play through, but sadly neither of the starters were present.

The legendary beasts, 2 of the Johto Starters, and a few others all have the same TID/SID as the Tropius. Here's the bk4's from PBR.

EDIT: Given that I've found multiple pokes with that TID/SID combo from that time, I am reasonably confident that the TID/SID were not altered.

153 - BAYLEEF - 0595F211FEC9.bk4 159 - CROCONAW - FE39E775130E.bk4 243 - RAIKOU - 788E5FDF65BB.bk4 244 - ENTEI - B0336B0A5FB3.bk4 245 - SUICUNE - 7422D7576EB7.bk4

Edited by darthnexus07
Added clarification.

On 5/16/2022 at 10:24 AM, darthnexus07 said:

Well, I'm glad at least that you've found some more mons of your file. Though with them having the same TID/SID it's back to square one.

Giving Espeon other nearby PIDs does make it a bit more legal but it still gets marked due to not matching an RNG frame, but at the very least this should mean that one PID is ought to mark it as completely legal, if I'm not mistaken of course.

10 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

The starters are shiny and gender locked; refer to PKHeX's encounters or other wikis. The game just tries generating PIDs until it obtains one that satisfies the requirements.

I'm aware of this - can you link me the article your talking about? I would like to look it over and have no idea where to find it.

10 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

The starters are shiny and gender locked; refer to PKHeX's encounters or other wikis. The game just tries generating PIDs until it obtains one that satisfies the requirements.

I tried to give the Espeon about 10 nearby PIDs and none of them were marked as legal.