Masuda Ditto for Sword/Shield

lunmarla

Hey, I'd like to ask for some clarification regarding a Ditto that would work for Masuda Method in Pokemon Sword/Shield. I drag&dropped a Ditto I caught in English Pokemon Let's Go to my Sword save, then I changed its language to German. Does that Ditto work with Masuda Method? I'm wondering if I forgot to change something  while transferring it between save files, or have I gone extremely dry while shiny hunting.

Masuda Method requires two compatible Pokémon with different language tags. You can see the language of a Pokémon in it's summary page ingame, in the upper right:image.png.9145f5a6fb025fee621c79b6cf4a0cde.png
Any two language combinations will work, (English and Japanese, German and Chinese, etc.), as long as the two Pokémon have different languages, Masuda Method works.

The language of your savefile does not matter, the Masuda Method would work with "an English savefile, 1 English parent, and 1 Japanese parent" but it would also work with "An English savefile, 1 Spanish parent, and 1 Korean parent".

8 hours ago, Atrius97 said:

Masuda Method requires two compatible Pokémon with different language tags. You can see the language of a Pokémon in it's summary page ingame, in the upper right:image.png.9145f5a6fb025fee621c79b6cf4a0cde.png
Any two language combinations will work, (English and Japanese, German and Chinese, etc.), as long as the two Pokémon have different languages, Masuda Method works.

The language of your savefile does not matter, the Masuda Method would work with "an English savefile, 1 English parent, and 1 Japanese parent" but it would also work with "An English savefile, 1 Spanish parent, and 1 Korean parent".

I'm aware of how Masuda Method works in general. What I'm wondering is how to use PKHeX to make a Pokemon that would work with it. Would simply grabbing a Pokemon caught in my game and changing its language to foreign in the dropdown list be enough, or, say, the IDs (of the Pokemon or the OT) also have to be changed? Even though changing the language made that tag on your screenshot appear in the summary, I wouldn't want to waste a few hours hatching eggs because the game also expects an ID or something to correspond to the chosen language.