Can't move save data from repro Soul Silver to legit cart

I think we may have got it-

I connected with someone on another form who recommended dumping my fcram immediately following a hard reset, so I could run a python script he wrote to extract the games dsiram and find my save.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lnb5iv5duqnfa9i/dsiram.bin?dl=0

That is the extracted file above. My save is apparently at

dsiram.bin + 0x27C28C, size 0x80000 

Searching for my trainer name in hex like you all suggested makes it light up with results, so it seems to be in there!

Apparently it's not running on emulator though, some data may be corrupted. It definitely is my save though. I attached the file below if anyone knows what I can do with it

Now I have my sav file, just have to figure out how to fix it/get it working.

save.bin

So I have successfully injected my file into a legit cart and it runs! Only problem is some of the sav file was corrupted. I could get it to pass checksum by loading then saving it in PKSM, but some of the pokemon are corrupted and cause the game to crash when viewed, and also cause pksm to crash.  I believe I can use PKMN chest to edit them though.

I have some of the savs posted here.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-do-ram-dump-of-ds-cartridge-trying-to-extract-save-from-repro-cart.612427/page-3

I just have to figure out now how to make one single working file out of the multiple partially corrupted ones, or how to edit the file to remove the corrupt data

You can not directly get your save from the RAM. The save basically consists of 2 parts, your current save and the previous one as a backup. The latter is not loaded into the RAM. Hall of Fame data doesn't seem to be loaded as well, I guess it's only loaded when it's needed.

1 hour ago, Mismatched said:

I just have to figure out now how to make one single working file out of the multiple partially corrupted ones, or how to edit the file to remove the corrupt data

There were a few Pokemon that seemed corrupted when looking through the boxes in PKHeX, but ingame I could only spot 1 Pokemon that was actually corrupted. A Bad Egg in "The Boys", anything else looks fine.

After going through the boxes ingame and saving the game a few times PKHeX now only shows 2 "corrupted" Pokemon, 1 in "Box 5" and the other in "Sad", however ingame they look fine. Idk what's wrong there.

Pokemon SoulSilver.sav

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to thank everyone so much for all their help! I would have said so earlier but just got back from a week long trip with no wifi/ cellular. It took a few times of loading and saving in game and saving using pokemon chest and pkhex but everything seems to be working!

On 5/18/2022 at 6:48 AM, BlackShark said:

After going through the boxes ingame and saving the game a few times PKHeX now only shows 2 "corrupted" Pokemon, 1 in "Box 5" and the other in "Sad", however ingame they look fine. Idk what's wrong there.

Ultimately only 4 pokemon were corrupted or had a corrupted (but stable?) item, so I traded over non corrupted versions of them from the repro cart, got their data, then injected them, then deleted the corrupted pokemon in Pokemon Chest. In the end the only things I lost were my battle video, my battle hall data and my hall of fame data, a small price to pay for everything else that works so much better now. At first I got a few "the save file corrupted, the previous file will be loaded" but it's been running smoothly now for a week with no crashes or issues. I can play voltorb flip, one of my favorite things to do as a kid, without the game crashing now! Thanks again to everyone who helped out, I really thought this may be impossible but so many people came together to help me find a solution. The internet is great.