3ds gives error when trying to start cartridge

X-isle

I was trying to see which Pokemon and how many I still had on the 3DS games and the stupid thing keeps giving me an error. Nintendo's site didn't really help

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/655/~/error-message%3A-an-error-has-occurred.-hold-down-the-power-button.

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire is the only one so far that gives this error. I can see it on the menu with the rest of the icons, but when I click it to start, it just gives the above error. Tried turning off an on numerous times and even with a piece of paper in front of the side with the sticker, hoping it would keep the connection. Y, Sun and Moon all had no issues. That said, Pokemon Soul Silver will not be noticed at all by the 3DS and is the only one with that issue. Silver DOES work on an old DSi.

Any ideas?

EDIT - Oh yeah, if I can't fix the game, is it possible to trade/transfer between a rom (that I dumped myself some time back) and a game cartridge?

Edited by X-isle
added a question

9 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Do you not remember if you installed CFW? XD

I haven't touched my 3ds since before Sword/Shield came out... I remember using an R4 chip, but can't find it anywhere