Japanese Crystal Errors

Yuuyake

For some reason everything but the Togepi egg and my starter are all flagged with the same problems pictured and also say met at "event".

I was wondering if someone knew what was going on, or maybe my save was dumped bad? The dumper had issues with the cartridge not being detected but I dumped it four times to see the same results.

All Pokemon were caught naturally in game and nothing has been edited.

unknown.png

15 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

If I'm not mistaken, the met location cannot be event for an in-game Togepi.

Did you inject the egg? Are you playing a ROM hack. This does not seem natural.

The Togepi is fine, it's all the other Pokemon like the Wooper, Venonat, etc and more in this picture. They say met at event and are flagged with the red triangle. 

I'm playing on a real official cartridge, nothing has been injected.

Thanks for replying :3

unknown (1).png

10 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Ah sorry, I meant to say all your other Pokémon. They should not have event as their met location. Out of curiosity, what is their OT (show an image of the OT tab please)

The OT looks to be the name I picked. I caught some more Pokemon, and got Bill's Eevee and they are all marked as event as well, maybe something happened to my save somehow? :s

The only thing I did out of the ordinary was run one of the lua script bots in VBA to find a shiny starter as I mentioned in my Celebi topic, and then exported it back to my cart.

I attached the save file if you wanted to have a look.

unknown.png

Pocket Monsters - Crystal Version (Japan).sav

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

Keep this as a backup.

restart the game, purely play on cart, then catch some Pokémon, then report back. 

Okay I restarted the game and everything looks normal now. I went to Goldenrod as well and did not get the GS Ball like before in terms of the other topic.

Kind of strange to me using a lua script like that to soft reset would cause such changes. I guess I got lucky with the GS Ball but every Pokemon I catch is messed up with the location and what not so that's unlucky. I really wonder what would be changed to just mess up every Pokemon I catch, I can understand the GS Ball being flags.

And thank you for your time and help!

• Like 1