My PLA Save is crashing when reporting data to professor with a complete pokedex

MewtwoFanz

My Game has a complete pokedex (from the complete pokedex cheat on Edizon), and it was never an issue before, and now, my game crashes everytime i try to report data to the professor, and he says there's new data, when there isn't, then the game freezes, essentially softlocking me.

Could someone please fix my save file?

1 hour ago, MewtwoFanz said:

My Game has a complete pokedex (from the complete pokedex cheat on Edizon), and it was never an issue before, and now, my game crashes everytime i try to report data to the professor, and he says there's new data, when there isn't, then the game freezes, essentially softlocking me.

Could someone please fix my save file?

Your save has been removed due to it breaking the “do not upload PLA saves” policy.

what I would suggest you to do is to load your save in PKHeX, then proceed to completely clear the Pokédex data. 

Cheat codes are often sloppy when editing values. Chances are it just sets everything to 999, doesn't bother to check if that's a possible value.

If you have certain impossible values when going to interact with some of the legendaries or mythical pokedex entries, the game just soft-locks, or will even prevent you from catching that legendary/mythical because it refuses to spawn.

This is also why you should keep savefile backups, with JKSV or Checkpoint. If you had an older savefile from BEFORE using that cheat, you would be able to just undo the damage yourself by restoring an old clean backup. Now if you want to fix it you unfortunately have to do Slayer's suggestion of fixing your pokedex progress by hand.

Edited by Atrius97
  • Ditto 1

14 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Your save has been removed due to it breaking the “do not upload PLA saves” policy.

what I would suggest you to do is to load your save in PKHeX, then proceed to completely clear the Pokédex data. 

9 hours ago, Atrius97 said:

Cheat codes are often sloppy when editing values. Chances are it just sets everything to 999, doesn't bother to check if that's a possible value.

If you have certain impossible values when going to interact with some of the legendaries or mythical pokedex entries, the game just soft-locks, or will even prevent you from catching that legendary/mythical because it refuses to spawn.

This is also why you should keep savefile backups, with JKSV or Checkpoint. If you had an older savefile from BEFORE using that cheat, you would be able to just undo the damage yourself by restoring an old clean backup. Now if you want to fix it you unfortunately have to do Slayer's suggestion of fixing your pokedex progress by hand.

Well, I did what both of you said, and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Thanks for the info, and I'm sorry about the don't upload PLA Save rule break, it won't happen again.

1 hour ago, MewtwoFanz said:

Well, I did what both of you said, and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Thanks for the info, and I'm sorry about the don't upload PLA Save rule break, it won't happen again.

Yeah in the future if you got issues with your save, maybe upload the block that seems to be the issue, rather than the save. 

Last thing you want is someone using your save and getting you banned (if that is at all possible)

• Like 1